Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember a year back or so, when we all saw our first "Multicam Peltor Head Band" that covered the cushion on the headset, or the first "Multicam SAW Mag Cover", or even the "Multicam Hydro Coated Dildo"... And back then, we said "Yep, now I've seen everything in multicam."

...I think we all just under-estimated the true power of it all...

Lol.

Glad i gave you the right shop lol. I wasnt sure as to get to it i retraced my steps.

Im pretty sure its the real crye stuff as i was wearing my ECWCS MC jacket at the time and the pattern/colours looked pretty much spot on.

My Blackwater IO vest turned up yesterday too! Now just awaiting for some real mc pouches to put on it from fleabay :D

hi ,

i know its not it the west midlands, but last week, while walking through Kilburn,

i came across a surplus shop that had a bit of, Multicam, Auscam, and ACU, hidden away at the back or the store.

they had BDU's as well as holster and vests.

the owners said that is was not popular thats why it was at the back, and he sounded quite keen to shift it.

Some of the Multicam did have Alpha labals in, but some had what looked like issue labels, all the ACU and Auscam had forces style labels in them.

its run by an asian guy and a polish guy, who seem to be ok if you haggle with them a bit,they also seem to of totally ignored the new law, as there was a large display of crossbows, knives, RIF CO2 guns and bb guns, even a small collection of blackjacks and a spiked ball and chain (morning star?) (well it is Kilburn, so you need to be armed i guess).

I cant remember the name of the store at this time, but if anyone is intrested in it name and location, i am planing on going back there in the next two weeks.

cheers

I'm trying to search through the topic but am relatively unsuccessful due to the volume of material in here - you're supposed to order the Crye Combat shirt one size larger, and the combat pants with the exact measurements for your legs, correct? I might just get the OPS Combat shirt instead, seeing that it's actually in stock in my size.

Edited by Psychosis

* For Crye Combat Shirt buy a size larger than you'd normally wear in regular BDU sizes. It's supposed to be tight to the body, but even one size larger will feel tight. One thing to point out was that in the movie Transformers, Josh Duhamel who plays the principal SF guy, his shirt didn't seem very tight. It's possible this was custom tailored for him to fit a certain way. Or it was worn in in such a way that it became stretched out. The way the Crye Combat shirt should be is most accurately depicted on MilitaryMorons.com.

* For the Gen 1 Crye Combat Pants, these are typically one size smaller than you'd normally wear. I normally wear a 33" or 34" pants. I had to buy a 32" Combat Pants and still had a little room to spare. On Gen 2 Crye Combat Pants, you will have to buy your normal pants size.

* For the OPS Combat Pants you should buy whatever BDU size you'd normally wear. (e.g. I'm normally a size medium BDU pants. The medium OPS Combat pants were a little big on me, but the smalls would have been too small.)

I was pretty impressed when I first saw those a while back (not so much the pink). The finish he's got *feels* truer to the Multicam pattern we see in BDUs than the official Crye hydrographic coating.

For anyone that's curious, the originator of that rifle paint job did a step by step tutorial here.

I'm wondering if Duracoats new colors in their new MultiColor CamoPak are inspired by these color ratios.

Edited by uscmCorps
Nice paintwork, considering a Duracoat MultiColor Paintjob myself later this year. That's one weird stock, I assume it's a California Legal jobbie is it?

Yep. Cali legal. There's all sorts of awesome (read as: sucky) rules for Cali legal guns.

You should be able to buy Duracoat direct from the manufacturer, Lauer Weaponry. They don't make any mention of non-export restrictions. Also, they offer part painting for you. You send them the part and the color(s) you want it to be colored and they'll do it, bill you, and send it back to you. Usually takes 6-8 weeks as the part has to fully cure before being sent (yes curing takes that long).

Chevieblazer, what make vest is that one? Looks better quality then most ive seen.

Looks like the one i have :) The Asian Copy one, as the velcro is the same as mine on the shoulder pads.

Note to anyone that wants that chassis i can get you one /like mine for £300 Including Taxes and Shipping. Which includes all the soft armour inserts, velcro straps for radio etc and a green nylon carry case.

Yep. Cali legal. There's all sorts of awesome (read as: sucky) rules for Cali legal guns.

You should be able to buy Duracoat direct from the manufacturer, Lauer Weaponry. They don't make any mention of non-export restrictions. Also, they offer part painting for you. You send them the part and the color(s) you want it to be colored and they'll do it, bill you, and send it back to you. Usually takes 6-8 weeks as the part has to fully cure before being sent (yes curing takes that long).

Lol they call it multi colour :

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoatcolor...mp;Category=240

Edited by Crimson

:D Got my stuff the other day.

Pantac Wasatch

Pantac BLS Belt

Pantac MOLLE drop leg holster

Pantac Khaki single point sling

Milspex SOS gloves in tan

Some BDUs and a cap, I dunno the make, but the jacket is too big and the trousers are too small :( I'll be getting some tru-spec trousers soon.

Edited by mattmanic