Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd disagree on all of that, the reason that the straps look odd is that they are tan (CP shading of course ) then printed with the MC pattern on them. If you look at how the CAGE system is assembled, and how its predecessors were done they are very similar, the reason they got rid of the fixed shoulder locks is due to the fact that they were fixed. You can also get the CAGE with the CRYE shaped plates that are very similar to the Gen 1, just as you were able to get the Gen 1 with either SAPI or Crye plates. I don't think they have gone backwards at all.

KM

If you read the pages of the reports on why gen 1 failed, you will see just how awesome this thing is on paper, and testing will prove it hopefully.

Thanks to the sun being so bright its hard to get good photos color wise, but here are some better photos.

chassis3003-1.jpg

chassis2009-1.jpg

chassis2011-1.jpg

chassis2007noflash-1.jpg

chassis3006-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

do you know if you are able to order the Crye proprietary plate bags for the carrier coz they designed their own plates ya know...

also can you tell if the vest is entirely made of soft armor in the non-plate armor areas or is it just nylon in the vest?

Edited by Agent47

Yes I can order crye plate bags for those plates, and the whole thing is lined with soft armor, everywhere. Infact the shoulder straps have both soft armor and mini plates built in. The cummerbund can accept 4 side plates (2 on each side) that are 6x6. The blast belt also takes up to 7 plates inside it from what the manual seems to say, including a 6x6 on the back of it.

Edited by mightymints

I'm not a fan of how the Cage/Chassis looks compared to the Gen 1 Chassis, but it's definitely far more effective in overall design as well as using the multicam webbing. Though the multicam webbing looks cheap (I have a couple hundred yards of the stuff in various widths), it's mostly because of the type of material used. Different material absorbs pigments differently. That's why Multicam rip stop looks different from Cotton Twill, and from Cordura. The same goes for the Multicam webbing. It just absorbs the pigments much truer to the actual pattern. What they could do is alter the pattern specifically for different materials to get more uniformity.

Regardless of how you think that webbing looks, you've gotta admit that having multicam on multicam is far more effective than tan/coyote on multicam.

Regarding the now absent stock locks, as cool as they looked, on the Gen 1 Chassis, they simply weren't functional enough and had a tendancy to snap on things. Yes they look cool, but real operators preferred relying on the kit to perform and staying alive, than looking good as they died. This new design is born from 100% operator feedback. We can expect to see a lot more of this in theater, be it in Multicam or some other camo.

And although this looks more like the classic CIRAS style than the Gen 1 did, the new cage is much more comfortable and allows for more airflow than any traditional Armor Carrier ever before designed.

Probably taking out all the soft armor would do that. Soft Armor is unfavorable to alot of situations, i understand some PMC companies are using LV4 Standalone plates for terminal effects reasons(not for our discussion here). Would seem likely that such a thing would happen soon, unless the Army plan to be sucking down the cost in the future with large orders of this... ^_^

Looks like the air circulation, nice foam padding for comfort, whole package with blast belt and accessories, and the large range of motion with the arms are the big selling points.

So i understand it takes standard plates now, i thought Crye had some kind of super plate with the first one, or was that just custom shaped?

I dont care for the multicam so much as the design, all u guys worried about the webbing im sure it will all look the same once its dirty, and or you get more than 5 feet away

Edited by Azulsky

GenI used two diffent plates, the front one pretty large but more or less shaped like a regular sapi(at least 150% the size though) the rear one very long and slender, basically custom fit to protect the spine. I could imagine that while they provided better protection, they went for standard sapis because of the better interchangability with every other armor type and spare plate.

Now my GenI is mady by Flyye, not Crye (which is unfortunate) so everything else I say about genI has to veiwed with a certain scepticism.

Considering the large number of straps and items such as chemlights, carabine hooks that can get caught up anywhere, I really fail to see the big disadvantage of the stock locks. I've been crawling through bushes and woods. Got caught up on my water supply tube a number of times, on my holster, but not really on the stocklocks. but then, I generally like GenI items better then GenII.

I mean I like the Idea of having the pants made of cordura halfway up the leg. makes them highly, well, damage-proof.

I also don't understand the GenII shirt. Ok, they had to change the material, all good and well, but why the heck did they have to change the color to something so bright? why not keep the sage green? provided little to no contrast to the multicam.

Anyways, I agree with usmc on one point: any CP-designed Armor is way more comfy than anything else

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely detest the light tan color they've chosen to replace the safe green. The only thing I like better about the Gen 2 shirts is the fabric type used.

I'm warming up to the Gen 2 pants though. I hated them for the longest time but now ... not so much.

As for the stock locks, from what I understand operators generally found them to be more of an annoyance and not terribly functional. Personally ... I'm with you. I prefer the look of them. But I still wouldn't kick a Gen 2 outta bed on a cold night. ;)

Lol, I'd kick any underarmor loadout on a cold night :P (I get your meaning, though, and I agree). Actually I ordered a CP GenII set of pants myself, since the GenI are unavailable and the Ops version sucks when it comes to pockets (so if anyone has a CP pants GenI in 32 short and wants to trade, I'll be happy to ;) )

I have to agree, but that one was build with feed back in mind from the pervious. Real world ops arent all about looks, unlike airsoft ;)

Me from last sunday. Excuse the ACU top, but my under armour needed a wash and wasnt dry in time. Plus it was pretty cold ;)

PS. ignore the patches, they are for a different load out :D

Wa0-Multicam sure blends in, can't say that for the ACU. Thanks for the pics.

On another note I like that the gen 2 combat shirt doesn't tear at the seams between the torso and the sleeves when you try to take it off. I know I ripped a couple seams in my gen 1 shirt the first time I took it off, now I have to super careful everytime I talk it off.