My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'm quitting my job.

I took two years and £5,000 to do a PGDE in Hong Kong with HKU and they lied to my face when I asked if it would let me teach in the UK. It's been a year since I applied to the GSTC and I've not gotten a teaching license yet.

So why the *fruitcage* am I working in a job which has 5 hours of mandatory unpaid overtime a week, absolutely shocking mismanagement, drastic funding deficits, no sick leave, no benefits, involves getting punched/kicked/scratched/bitten every five minutes and wiping bottoms and cleaning up *suitcase*, ######, blood and vomit, all for the grand total of £800 a month? I have so many scars on my hands and arms that I look like I'm on meth.

I'm past breaking point and I can't go any further. I hate just walking away like this but I just can't face another day of it. *fruitcage* the notice period.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can honestly say that this is the single worst job I've ever been in. I feel bad for walking out only because I know that the management won't be effective in arranging cover for my position which will leave the class I'm working in short staffed, which will effect the students. I hate leaving the kids in the lurch but management just couldn't give a *suitcase* about the people working for them.

Case in point, colleague of mine had her index finger on her right hand broken by a student. Just grabbed it and snapped it cleanly. Off to hospital. Next day, she's back in with a splinted finger and still working with students because we don't get paid sick leave and management don't want to make an exception because then they'd have to give everyone paid sick leave, which only teachers can get at the moment.

The building is falling to pieces, we should have moved to a new campus over five years ago. We're understaffed, overstudented and underpaid.

At this point, my mental health is getting progressively worse for having to work here, in such a hostile work environment, for such little compensation and no opportunity for career progression. I'm no longer effective at work and every day I'm spending there is another day I could be using to look for work elsewhere.

I'm still boarding my dining room.

The plasterer is coming tomorrow at 0800.

I have mis-calculated, and have too many wall boards, and not enough ceiling boards to finish tonight.

*fruitcage*socks.

Edit, aha! B&Q open at 0700. Now, how to get 6 foot boards in a Ford fusion...

So. 

As part of becoming a driving instructor (ADI), you've got to be CRB'd that was (now DBS) fair enough, that's all complete now and the guvmint have given me a certificate saying I'm not a pedophile or murderer or anything like that.

That's nice of them.

Second, you need to register with the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) and tell them you're intending to become an ADI.

Fair enough.

You need to do this before you can book your tests, and you need your DBS certificate before you can register. Also fair enough.

I've now got all the information required that I should need to book the test, but when I enter in the information to the booking system, it just rejects me and go "There's no matching records on our system."

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

Been playing the second Titanfall 2 open test weekend.

I am disappointed.

Pretty much everything that made the first one great has been changed, and not for the better.

I'm seriously considering telling the wife to cancel the preorder and I'll wait to pick it up later for a bargain price from CEX.

That sucks, I dropped out of my PGCE got too ill and *fruitcage* all support from the uni It was making me sicker, don't know what I'm going to do with my life I want to teach at uni level and take mob research further,Iv been ill for so long I'm scared il never work never be able to cope working full time

Yep, lots of disappointment going about for the tech test.  I guess for a lot of folks who never played the original (myself included) it has been a good bash around distraction from other shooters/games, but I already see the seams coming apart on it.

Anyways, mail service put a bill we had sent out 3 days ago in the mail coming in, so now lots of shouting upstairs now instead of the nice quietness for most of the day.

This new washing machine and drier put into the block of flats makes me angry

The *Ubar* landlord could have set the coin box to take anything from 20p upward but it's set to pound coins only, the washers cycle doesn't appear to have a spin portion to any of the cycles as stuff comes out so soaked it's unreal so to get anywhere you have to do a second cycle. While the washers are set to 140m the dryer is set to 29.58.

The dryer on the high heat setting and the half load cotton setting couldn't cope with half a drum of socks and underwear so drying anything a going to take about two runs at least maybe three.

You can't open the door once a program has been set and the money ha been put in I sort of understand that as it means people can't empty your laundry out to steal your dryer time but the layout of the place means you have to be really careful about moving baskets because as soon as that door shuts you're *fruitcage*ed.

It's really frustrating how my laundry seems to be no cheaper than going to get the laundrette to do it as a service wash plus the effort of trekking to get *fruitcage* pound coins. It could have been done in a really great way to help his tenants and support a positive relationship but instead he as per usual has bought *fruitcage* machines which he got as cheap as possible, people around waiting for him to get off his *albartroth* and install them, *fruitcage*ed up on his promises and just generally been utterly useless.

It shouldn't take dam near an hour to dry a cotton double bed duvet cover, two sheets and a pillow case in a tumble dryer but I had to take the underwear put that I had in the machine, then do a Load consisting of just the bedding back in for a cycle on its own and even then when it came out the duvet was that really weird damp where it feels dry until you put weight on it so last night was freezing.

It's just really frustrating and pissing me around I thought it would be nice and easy nice and competent ffs just arrgh. So I'm going to sack the rest off, take it to the laundrette and bag up the wet stuff and get them to dry it all.

With how reluctant my folks are towards getting things fixed/replaced, I know the feeling well.  When they do want to replace something, it is usually when it just needs things other than it replaced.

Take the kitchen sink upstairs that leaks.  I offered to replace the pipes, put new sealant around the drain bases, etc. months ago, but no, they wanted to wait for an uncle to come up and replace the whole thing despite me pointing out what needed to be done.

That will be my drama fill for the day at some point today apparently.

My neighbours and their *suitcase* bag kids. They wreak anothing left in the communual garden, leave rubbish everywhere and treat the younger kids in the block like *suitcase*. But if anyone says anything they either play the race card, claim not to understand English or blame someone else (even if they were seen). This means my son can't be left out there on his own or leave anything outside without problems.

At least we've started buying somewhere else so they won't be our problem in a couple of months

Archived