My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Ooooh, nice! Mrs tink bought be a shaving bowl the first Christmas we were married. Crabtree and Evelyn, I think.

Then she dropped and broke it (ceramic) nary 6 months later. I'm using the wooden pot some geo f trumpers soap came in as a bowl atm, works well.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use astras at the moment. Got a hundred blades for something idiotic like £5 a while back. I'll try something else next time though, Derby's and feathers get talked about a lot.

Derby blades are a lot like the Astra and a bit cheaper.  Both are "smooth".

I understand that all razors are sharp.

But.

Feather blades are "sharp".

Like seriously aggressively, harsh sharpness.

If you have a knobbly face or sensitive skin, don't buy 100 Feather blades.

Get a 5 pack and see if they suit.

Ah, fair enough. I'll see if somebody offers a variety pack of blades.

Today's rant. Another piece of my wisdom tooth has chipped off and left a sharp edge, which is now cutting into my gums. Because the hospital gave me dates for the operation I've had to make another appointment at the dentist's and get them to refer me to the hospital again.

The earliest appointment they had at a sensible time is Friday next week.

I now highly doubt I'll actually get these tooth removed this year :(

I feel somewhat guilty using a Gillette Fusion power probably (which I cba to replace the battery I).

Problem is I need to shave quickly in the morning and so I just wash, put foam/gel on abd start shaving. I have horrible razorburn for it too.

I am guilty of the cartridge razor, but then again I don't have much a care for myself.

Forced to another parade today soon.  Naturally my *albartroth* of a grandfather will be present to *badgeress* again.  Starting Monday I have to take care of all their deck plants and other *suitcase* whilst he is off getting heart surgery (Is it wrong to hope the surgeons screw up?) for who knows how long.  Then throughout the week there will be more family bs to deal with.

Also, the truck has still just sat in the garage, just like my airsoft guns sit in my room. :P

Ah, fair enough. I'll see if somebody offers a variety pack of blades.

Today's rant. Another piece of my wisdom tooth has chipped off and left a sharp edge, which is now cutting into my gums. Because the hospital gave me ###### dates for the operation I've had to make another appointment at the dentist's and get them to refer me to the hospital again.

The earliest appointment they had at a sensible time is Friday next week.

I now highly doubt I'll actually get these tooth removed this year :(

It won't be sharp for too long, it rounds off quickly

Sounds painful dam that sucks il have a look see what blades the boy has if it's one you haven't tried I could steal some for you.

Today's stress is the *fruitcage* useless landlord when he says x will be done on a certain day you can't trust it we were meant to have washing machines in the cellar when I moved in this contract them being put in is an excuse for a rent rise and two months later they're not even finished plumbing them in asshat

Sounds painful dam that sucks il have a look see what blades the boy has if it's one you haven't tried I could steal some for you.

Today's stress is the *fruitcage* useless landlord when he says x will be done on a certain day you can't trust it we were meant to have washing machines in the cellar when I moved in this contract them being put in is an excuse for a rent rise and two months later they're not even finished plumbing them in asshat

Don't y'all have a housing authority? Report his *albatross*.

Tenants in the UK have pretty much no power and are at the mercy of the landlord.  If you don't like how things are, all you can do is move out when the tenancy ends unless the landlord is doing something illegal.

Getting off with my corrado now. 

Found a supplier for new bonnet cable clips - they're a known weak point on Corrados and so as a bit of preventative maintenance I changed it out - this requires removing it from the engine bay into the cabin, and removing/moving the fuse board in order to get access to feed the cable back through.

So it turns out that I did this and now I can't get the tension right on the cable and it will activate either one or the other bonnet catch. not both. never both. *fruitcage* you Tink, I'll open when and how I want!

Secondly, I appear to have knocked something when moving the fuseboard and now my front wipers don't work.

or the sunroof.

or the washer jets.

or the rear wiper.

It's definitely not the fuses, because I've just replaced ALL of them.

It's definitely not an unseated relay, because I've checked them all.

It might be a loose connection in the back but the locking bar hasn't been moved and none of them seem loose.

This can only mean one thing.

Wiring faults.

KILL ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I had a volkswagen for a year. I know friends who have had them.

If you stop and actually think, you truly appreciate the engineering that goes into them, and the tolerances used. Germans are ace at building things.

Until you have to work on the bastards, and they make you want to set them on fire and then kick the remnants to pieces...

Archived