My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been hospitalised due to a kidney stone causing renal colic. It's the first day of my holiday...

Pain was coming and going in waves, probably maxing at 9/10, along with nausea to the point I was certain I was going to vomit and feeling like I need to pee constantly but not being able to get more than a trickle. I think my next proper pee will be the most satisfying of my life.

On the plu, morphine is working pretty well, pain is at 2/10 and everyone who's dealt with me so far has been really nice. Trying to act like a tough guy in hospital jimmies and in so much pain is difficult though.

Already on as much as they are willing to give.

Took two ibuprofen at 01:30 on doctors orders. Taken to A&E, IV paracetamol, 60MG codeine follows by IV morphine almost immediately. Three hours later and I shouldn't be feeling pain due to the amount of morphine they pumped into me and I'm only allowed a small oral dose of morphine. Which did nothing.

The more pain you're in, the more morphine your body can safely cope with.

A dose which would put someone without pain into respiratory failure will barely touch the sides of someone with end stage cancer. (Just as an example)

Report your pain constantly - even if they don't immediately do anything they will know that you're not on sufficient pain relief.

Hope you get better soon.

Plus I'm a big lad so most likely can metabolise more.

Problem is the pain comes and goes, sometimes it's 2/10 so more of a discomfort and two minutes later it could be a 9 with me muttering about getting me a scalpel and dealing with it myself.

I just hope it is something easily fixable/manageable, as I'm meant to be travelling to the Netherlands tomorrow to see my family over there.

Morphine isn't related to body mass. It is processed by receptors in the brain. Those receptors don't "get fat" so don't let anyone tell you different.

Many drugs do need to have the dose based on body mass - morphine derivatives aren't among them.

As for going overseas tomorrow - forget that idea, you've got no chance.

Only if it's in your contract. And the contract probably hasn't been updated to cover sickness during holidays.

The paperwork from the hospital would likely be sufficient. However it's probably not worth the hassle unless you don't like you job or your employer :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It has to be said, if you're simply not good enough. I failed to finish within time and am thus disqualified at the ARDF ( orientation run with receivers) World Championship.

:'(.

Terrain was fekin hard with incredible steep hills, low sturdy vegetation and even a swamp. I just wasn't good enough...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived