My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand, I don't agree with "real caps" either - one BB can't hope to be as effective as one 5.56mm round at anything more than a few metres range - they're just not accurate enough.

Indoors one is fine and even then adrenaline, clothing/gear etc can complicate that. Anything further out and you need to put more rounds  down. 

In my case with my five round burst and a midcap (95bb)  I have 19 shots before I need to reload, with a standard mag (50bb) 10, which I consider to be balanced. 

I rarely use automatic fire, a stream of BBs isn't that much more effective than a few rapid semi-auto shots.

Partly it's the army training - you pretty much never set the rifle to auto - and partly just what seems to work.

It's handy to have the two-stage trigger on the AUG, though, for those times you do want a burst you don't have to mess with switches.

I have 40 per mag in the mp7, 30 per mag in the g36 and 24 ish per mag in the vsr.

Shotgun is 5 or 10 shots per shell, and I genuinely consider the salamander kits (and the p90 box mag before them) to be the cancer of airsoft.

True, the same player could have been the same without the HPA. But I'm willing to place money on it that he wouldn't have if the gun couldn't keep up. I'm fairly sure I even saw the old reverting to using the middle finger as well to keep the rate of fire up. It also seems that set ups like that are quickly a way to overcome the limitations of a semi only site, a fast gun and a faster finger mean that you're putting down the same amount of fire as a regular gun on full auto. In which case why bother with the rule?

At the end of the day, in my opinion, high speed set ups are a bane of Airsoft. You can have all the good intentions in the world, but a 40rps gun, on a split second burst, is still 20 rounds into that other player. It's just not good form in my book.

I prefer the "overkill" rule some sites use.

It covers a multitude of sins: regardless of auto/semi, if you put half a mag into someone at close range, you're going to get jumped on.

As mentioned above, though, people are less likely to use 20-round bursts if their mags have only got 80-120 rounds in them instead of 500.

^this is pretty much it for me, I think semi-auto only isn't a great rule. strict ammo limits/ ban on hicaps. I'm more than happy with someone spanking out all their BB's and having to sit out the rest of the game.

Having said that things don't need to be hard and fast and I hope marshalls would have a word with regards to p!ss taking.

I remember just taking one mag (Hi-cap) for a full skirmish and never once went full auto. Did that a few times till I got bored with the hi-cap noise. Moved over to mid-caps and never looked back. Now I tend to stick to gbb, so mag capacity isn't an issue (as in, no chance in hell of using a hi-cap).

Hi-caps can introduce a person to the sport, if they're on a budget. But spray and pray is always a cluster *fruitcage* in an other wise nice game of Airsoft.

Edit:- blooming auto-correct changing hi-cap to Hi-capa, constantly reminding me to buy one.

That's the thing though, high caps are typically more expensive than mids! A box of 5 King arms will cost you £50. A single midcap will typically cost £30 each

Yes, but with a bunch of midcaps you need to buy a load carrying rig to put them in.

You can just stick a single hi cap on your rifle and not have to wrinkle your hoodie with webbing...

That's the thing though, high caps are typically more expensive than mids! A box of 5 King arms will cost you £50. A single midcap will typically cost £30 each

Not if the hi-cap comes with the aeg. Good old cyma aks-74u, a beast it was and full of screws to boot. Sob sob.

Miss that aeg.

I did that male thing and tried to impress a woman in the gym by lifting too much.

I felt like an absolute boss until something in my shoulder (which are crumbly and full of pain anyway) went 'twing' and now i'm in clip-state Bravo 2*.

Good job this morning's PT is running around with heavy stuff on my back. Thanks Army.

*Clip (Constantly Living In Pain) Scale - Letters donate why you're in pain, number is severity. Alpha = booze, Bravo = Physical injury, Charlie = women/head troubles, Delta = sexual injury.

Had a great morning at a site that's closing soon. Unfortunately the day ended up being spoiled by a couple of HPA users. Room clearing by just dumping a high cap on semi auto.

I've yet to experience anyone's game be made better by playing with HPA. Just dumping more rounds down, and playing overly aggressively.

Why did nobody activate the Stunt-signal?

This is my jam.

It's not the weapon, it's the moron holding it.  BBs don't irritate people, people do.

IMO its the high caps which are the problem... my AEG has been upgraded for a quick trigger response and spits out at about 35rps (i have 5 round burst in place of FA, which I use at longer ranges).. I have 4 midcaps and 3 standard mags, the speedloader and bb's stay in the safe zone.

If you have a super quick ROF / trigger response then it counts for little if you have no ammo. 

As for aggressive depends what you mean... I don't "play to win" as I really don't care but "gung ho" - maybe -like a weird mix of speedball and magpul dynamics I guess??

Yeah, my rifle does 60fps and is set to 5rnd burst.

My mags hold 150 rounds giving me 30 shots.

On the other hand, I don't agree with "real caps" either - one BB can't hope to be as effective as one 5.56mm round at anything more than a few metres range - they're just not accurate enough.

Precisely.  I see teh ratio as at about 5:1 due to wind, clothing and people who don't take single hits because it might be a flue.

Wow, six years?

I started in 2001...

Sprog.

'89

Archived