My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New psu and fans arrived. Psu installed and the 120mm exhaust is put in, but the NZXT 140mm intakes don't have the *fruitcage* industry standard air flow direction markings on them. WHY!?1!?

Usually the side of the fan where you can see the middle bit move is the "out" side.

Air goes toward the out side.

Usually.

So I didn't pay much attention but today I noticed my card collection is moved, my tools are laying out and there is water in the tool tray.

No evidence of a leak, it's not pee, I don't have water of any sort in my room because of said card collection.

I'm dumbfounded and I can only think someone did it because when I sleep I sleep.

I got hammered last night but I don't do stuff in my sleep. I think this happened 2 days ago because I looked at my cards and said why are they over there?

I don't get it

I love my wife.

But.

Yesterday she brought me a cup of tea in the bath and knocked my phone into the water.

It is currently at work in a box of rice after being cleaned with isopropanol.

She was sorry so she asked around her mates and got me a spare phone to borrow.

An iPhone 4.

It's like she's never met me.

No waterproof phone, Stunt? That surprises me...

I value a replaceable battery over water resistance, very few phones have both.

I've an original G1 with 'extended' battery of you want to borrow a proper phone? Think it's on cupcake still...

Thanks mate.

I have a Galaxy S4 mini somewhere.

I just have to find it.

Fair enough.

Personally I've never needed to replace the battery in my phone. I've never dropped it in water either - but Wifey dropped her old one in the sink once. Samsung Galaxy S2, my old one. Dried it out with one of those home dehumidifier pack things (you, the ones with the granules in a plastic pot?) and it was fine afterwards.

Out of the two options, I think accidental water immersion is more likely than needing to swap batteries - I always have a portable charger handy anyway.

Different priorities, I guess.

I replied in the computer thread.

Basically because that laptop design is over 6 years old I'm afraid the spare parts are...

All over the place and still being manufactured by Lenovo.

Thinkpad is love.

So what do I need to get exactly? A new keyboard or is it the individual key bit? Taking off the key hasn't helped though it unjammed the 9 the 9 works but the 8 doesn't should I pop the White bit off and try cleaning under it? And yeah think pads are the best laptops ever

Also whilst I wait for MS to release a firmware update that means my charging works again on my lumia 550 I'm using an IPhone 5s I hate it already

The phone should only draw the current it needs. 4.5A is the maximum your charger can produce, doesn't mean it always runs at that power though.

Smartphones are supposed to have overcharge protection circuitry and stuff to stop the battery dying from charging.

I've had a lot of replacement batteries (not because they run out during the day but because they die of old age).

500 charge cycles is only 18 months and a lot of people are on a 24 month replacement cycle.

I had a battery in my old samsung fail, swell up and crack the screen protector. Luckily the screen was fine.

This is the first water damaged phone I've ever had and I didn't do it.

I don't know whether to go with a deliberately rugged phone next time.

I want USB type c removable battery SD card support, USB OTG, wireless charge, 4G, Miracast etc. so it can be a pain getting a phone that has those features.

I value a replaceable battery over water resistance, very few phones have both.

Thanks mate.

I have a Galaxy S4 mini somewhere.

I just have to find it.

But does the S4 mini have the best hardware keyboard ever on a phone?

EDIT:

I am apparently a lot worse at FPS games than I thought I was.

I plain just fail at modern multiplayer apparently.  Been trying to play bf4 again on my ps4 the past few days, and it is just a mess.  Cannot really get shots to land on target even when ads, end up running with a lmg just spazzing hoping I get a kill like these folks that just get headshots without even stopping to aim.  Really I am just wanting to see the gun models you cannot see in the single player (some of the ak12 abominations).

Had a fellow earlier go 55-1 in a tank a whole match, despite having 6 launchers strike him at once.  Also had a helo pilot that would not die and an ac-130 that could not be locked on to.

*fruitcage* progression systems.

It is like I want the weapon variety of battlefield, the weapon handling/physics of R6 Siege, and a mode against ai like Siege terrorist hunt but better.

Today was also the only day there was a game being held, but no means to go.

Archived