MP5SD-The beauty of the shhhhhh.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snow do you feel your aimpoint is too high up on that mount? i have the exact same thing going on my mp5 but it seems a little high to me.

I do find it's higher than the 'natural' aim line, but I guess that's because I'm used to iron sights.

Certainly there's no problem hitting where you aim with the red dot.

Cheers.

MP5SD5.jpg

My UTG MP5. Heavily converted and upgraded beyond suckage levels:

TM MP5 V2 Gearbox

TM Large battery wiring harness

Above forum limits spring

Systema metal standard ratio gears

Systema metal bushings

UTG Tappet plate

Systema super high-torque motor

Systema P90 length tightbore (Soon to be replaced with an M4 length one)

TM MP5SD front end

Guarder improved hop up bucking

UTG hop up unit

Stock, Lower and Upper receiver from the UTG MP5

8.4v 3300 mAh large battery

I took the scope off since the pic has been taken, and replaced it with a basic Tasco red dot scope. First gun I have upgraded/built myself, and works like a charm. Took 10 hours of work and fighting with it to get it to work though.

Does this count????HAHAHA. its my best friend, curtisy of iraq and some navy seals.

gallery_1000_178_39650.jpg

Hm, I happen to also know a Seal operator (Team 1). It's interesting to still see MP5s like that in use by them in Iraq, because he said they've been mostly phased out by the CQBRs and other Commando variants. The reasons being the larger 5.56 rounds for better stopping power (a lot of insurgents with body armor stolen form the iraqi army and police), lower unit cost than Mp5, same length (roughly), and modulability from the rail system. Other than that, great pic.

• 3 weeks later...

Customproject1022.jpg

Customproject1020.jpg

Customproject1016.jpg

It won't be Tan in the end ;) I just wanted an idea of how the placing of different portions looked.

Sliding stock coming soon which will be painted as well, then an ultra low profile Marui MP5/G3 rail and a reflex red dot, both of which will be painted.

The colour I would like for all the painted parts is a dark blue, prefgerably something pseudo-metallic in fact.

A huge stick battery will go in the cocking tube/uppermost receiver and be wired into the connector on the rear end, distributing the weight of the battery totally across the gun and not just at the front end ;)

BTW, does anyone know if there is a rail or railed armour of some kind that can totally cover the top of the gun, from the place where the front sight used to be to the very end of the endcap?

Please? :P I would love to have the whole top of this thing armoured and railed :D

Not really long enough, but thanks very much for the effort!! The space between the mounting lugs betrays the length of the actual rail and its nowhere near long enough, plus I don't think it can actually fit the SD series (please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody, but it doesn't mention it as a compatible model and also it seems a lot shorter outright than the top of an MP5 SD.

BTW does the moniker `MP5SDK` seem about right for that gun of mine? I wish my name was Ledpocket and I could shorten the ribbed foregrip and front section as well ;):D that would really justify the `K` in my book :lol:

Edited by evilhippy

I thought the MP5 and MP5SD cocking tubes were of the same length? If they are and you didn't modify the cocking tube length at all, you should be able to fit those full length MP5 rails on it. The lugs are very short because they latch on to the same places as the scope mount would.

By the way, that's a nice looking MP5SD.