Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, because I'm compensating (did you see what I just did there?).

No, in all seriousness I've long liked the look of the G34 with a compensator and an expanded magwell, and I was thinking about building one for *suitcases*/giggles. Junior, how much work did you have to do?

Installing the compensator wouldn't be the tricky part, its getting the gun to cycle with the metal slide and threaded outer barrel. I used a threaded outer barrel because I couldn't think of any other way to attach the RS compensator without getting into heavy custom work. The only outer barrel for a G34 available right now is the G&G one, and they still tend to have a hard time cycling with metal slides.

The RS compensator had different threads, not sure what they were exactly but they weren't 14mm (not that I was expecting them to be). Fortunately enough the 14mm threaded adapter that came with the G&G threaded barrel was able to slide right into the RS compensator, and held in place with a set screw. The only problems I really encountered with the compensator, was after firing about 20-30 rounds, the threaded adapter would work itself loose from the barrel. A little teflon tape fixed that.

With a plastic slide, the gun cycled fine even with the stock internals. Because the original intention was to actually build a race gun, I left out most of the upgrades that increased the kick, or used more gas. I wasn't after a high FPS output, I was going more for cycle speed and accuracy, which is why the only internal upgrades the gun has (besides the custom tweaks) is a short stroke recoil rod and floating valve.

The magwell was a whole different story. Pretty much all the work RSP1 had to do to his, I had to do to mine. Nothing a dremel and a file couldn't fix though.

Edited by junior

My rather battered and bruised KWA G19 with BHI Serpa holster :)

Only Mods are a Harder Recoil spring and a Polished (well sanded....) outer barrel and ejection port cover. Its been to every single skirmish i've been to and its never stopped working :unsure: shouldnt have said that..... (first three taken with my 2Mp Mobile phone)

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

And one of the G18c (in holster) and G19 in my safe.... bit of fun :)

bitofaBourneIdentitymoment.jpg

Hope you like *AL* aka Lofty

i have some feeding problem with my loved g26.slide cycles but doesn't load the bbs.i lubed all the slide internals and installed the stock barrels,but still doesn't load.what could it be?it has metal slide,king arms recoil spring and Airsoft Surgeon-Power Up Floating Valve.

post-27153-1190942945_thumb.jpg

Edited by s85sss

My KWA G19 with sanded and polished slide. Plan on getting a ksc metal slide and guarder recoil rod(is it good?). Also can someone recommend some nice sights.

1465972633_76e6e86ec9_o.jpg

1466823614_1977c5461e_o.jpg

1465970721_9a25bfb565_o.jpg

1465969797_1e739b90bd_o.jpg

1465968905_2cc65c6cb2_o.jpg

Edited by krame

DSC00728.jpg

Thanks guys!

Here's the breakdown:

KWA OD base

G&P metal slide

TK hop twist

Hurricane Kit

Blackhawk Xiphos NT light(the strobey one)

Trijicon Glock Nightsights

JP Enterprises Extended Competition Mag Release

Hogue Handall Grip

Magpul Baseplate(yeah we had to fit it onto a stock glock baseplate. Just a prototype, but prolly the best way since you still have to fill gas in the thing.

What kind of metal is the slide on the KWA G17? I was thinking of doing a polishing job like the one last page but I have no idea what kind of metal it is. Also, where can I get the parts required for the trigger safety?

The KWA Glock slides are nice quality aluminum, they polish up very well.

Check places like UNcompany, WGCshop and DENtrinity in their parts sections for the KSC Glock trigger.

If i'm going to write this out for MOE then it might as well be here for all to see

In no particular order

The glock 34 above is made from an old ksc frame (2pin and trades)

the internals of a new ksc glock 17

metal mag release (filed so it does not mark the mags)

g+g slide and outer barrel (hand picked in the uk due to g+g fit problems)

threaded silencer adaptor from barrel modded so inner barrel will fit and not lock the slide up)

km inner barrel from a ksc auto 9 (filled to fit)

silencer (cheap)

g+g sight mount for glock 17

real steel rear sight (bit obsolete now also needs new front sight)

nine ball g17 recoil rod (modded to fit a thicker shock rubber)

uprated recoil spring (from a spring web site)

hogue rubber grips

guarder hammer spring

airsoft surgon rocket valve (not the spring as it seems too strong)

hidakaya rocket valve spring

all mags have the km adjustable high flow valves in them (prefer the 50 round mags)

shooters design valve knocker

post-10709-1191851081_thumb.jpg

Nice Glock Sniper. You should put a Hidakaya 150% hammer spring, that'll provide suffient power to use the AS floating valve spring. Youll also notice quite a difference in power/performance. I found that the Hidakaya hammer spring was in fact stiffer than the Guarder. I also only use ET1600 or ET2200 Red gas in my Glocks and have no issues with the AS floating valve spring.

Reminds me of a few of my older set ups. I miss my J-Points.

Edited by ViciousV10s

Thanks ViciousV10s it is always good to get a thumbs up from the master

I will try that hammer spring if I can find one, but I do find the set up very balanced and efficient (it gets very good gas usage for a custom gun, 2 mags of bbs per fill, )

I will post the shuey / marui 34 when the j point and mount arrives

:rifle:

Well if the set up is working well for you I wouldn't worry about changing the hammer spring. I used the Hidakaya floating valve springs in all my Glocks for many years before the AS one came out and I was always pleased with the Hidakaya's performance. Your current setup is more than adequate so until you get the itch for more power I'd wait on swapping the hammer and foating valve springs.

Look forward to seeing the Shuey with Jpoint pics.

Yes I have tried it and it does BUT

The rail does not centre over the slide

the trigger pin hole would need moving slightly up

I think the trigger pin would fit (it is the same diameter and a similar length)

It would not make the rail removable as it is on the KSC because the trigger pin on the marui glock is only 1 pin whereas the trigger pin on the KSC is a pin that fits in a piece of tube an it's the tube that holds the trigger mech and other parts in place

hope this helps

:rifle: