1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, evilhippy, could you post a pic of the S&W DK with the American Legend grips? I bought the grips with the sole intention on putting them on that gun, but never got round to getting the gun. I would be interested to see if it looks as good as I thought it would.

I was looking on one of the online stores and it listed "Hi-Flow Valve" as a modification installed on their TM 1911 along with the PGC Kit. I'm a little confused though.... the "Hi-Flow Valve", is that installed in the gun or in the gun's magazine? If it's installed in the gun then that's fine, but if it's installed in the mag... then would I have to get a Hi-Flow Valve for every mag I get for that gun!?!!

Also, the PGC outer barrel. Would you say that it's easy or difficult to install on a gun that has had the PGC slide and frame installed already?

Thanks!

Should be no problems, I use it all the time with mine.

Here's my TM 1911, upgraded with PGC kit.

-Snip-

Hey Gunrunner- excellent photos!

Our mutual buddy Brandon told me you struggled with the installation of the PGC kit- can you elaborate on what the fitment issues where and maybe some tips for those of us that will be attempting the same conversion process after Santa's visit next week?

(and actually the education is for Brandon who will perfom any surgery for me :D )

Slainte!

-G

Hey Gunrunner- excellent photos!

Our mutual buddy Brandon told me you struggled with the installation of the PGC kit- can you elaborate on what the fitment issues where and maybe some tips for those of us that will be attempting the same conversion process after Santa's visit next week?

(and actually the education is for Brandon who will perfom any surgery for me  :D  )

Slainte!

-G

Thanks

It actually was not that difficult, the hardest part I found was finding out what part was preventing proper fitting before filing it down. It just takes a lot of patience to do.

The only issue I really found was that the slide guide rails were a bit too wide to allow the slide to fit. A bit of sanding and polishing fixed it.

If Brandon is going to do it, I'll walk him through if I have time. I walked him through his first AEG repair and it seems like he's doing fine with it now.