1-9.jpg

3-7.jpg

5-4.jpg

4-6.jpg

2-8.jpg

--

WA SCW V10 Ultra Compact Base

Prime Tommy Franks Railed Frame

Shooters Design V10 Slide (Part Polished)

Hogue Wraparound Grips

Prime Steel Chamber

Guarder Steel Barrel

Perhaps the first airsoft railed V10?

You'll probably notice the barrel ain't ported either, will be soon :D

Cheers.

Edited by hardboiledcop
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all grips cut for a .45 will fit on all airsoft and real steel .45's. hell even paintball grips cut for .45s will work.

Not a WE though - I tried my RS grips from my 1911 "hitman" on my WE and found the top screw hole to be slightly off. Enough that'd it'd require modding. No idea if it's the same story for the TM though.

Beautiful compact HBC! Barrel definitely needs ports though.

Mathtub, I think you are correct.

I might have a Stainless TLE II SCW2 coming my way soon. All I need is the Stainless metal kit and I'm set. If BA doesn't respond soon, I'll have to go for a CDP II kit which ain't bad but is a bit half *albatross*. Speaking of which, if BA doesn't have an item in stock, is it their custom to just ignore you?

Thanks for the compliments guys, It's a shame she's currently a big paperweight, and my second one will be too I suspect, once the new slide arrives.

See, the SD slide is a bit loose on the Prime frame, meaning the barrel doesnt tilt back during recoil (hence it doesnt drop and cover the inner chamber, leading to it jamming constantly) so I need to (thanks to Mobius Strip) source some Aluminium shims which I'll fix along where the slide meets the frame, forcing the slide to run a bit lower.. You can see the gap im trying to close in the second picture, hopefully this will solve my problem and my pocket rockets will finally be finished :D

*phew*

Edited by hardboiledcop

Well let us know when you get it shooting well.

On a sidenote WGC just shipped my Guarder steel barrel for my 1911 (going back to black), and these two pieces, should look more modern without getting too modern, especially for my FR setup. And god knows I want that hammer, I hate the 1911A1's spur hammer.

km_tmhcehb.jpg

km_tm1911rpg.jpg

When I get them installed (should have them by monday) I'll take some pics.

well.. it might not have enough room to lock back..

If that is so, as a short term fix you can just file down the grip-safety, Solid Snake style..

Though, it strikes me that if they're bringing out ring hammers then they should be bringing out beavertails any time soon. Somebody modded a WA beavertail to fit on the last page.

cheers.

good point, it just strikes me as odd that WGC lists it first off as a part for the 1911 if in fact doesn't work. Worse case I can dremel down area for it to clear, then just repaint it, who knows, it might lock back, we'll see on monday. Worse case I stick with the spur hammer, which I despise, and snag a beavertail if that is released.

That's a good question, will that hammer not work for a 1911A1? I was wondering about that.

dunno about TM compatibility (how was it discribed?)...

But in order to fit a ring hammer you need a beavertail, as the gripsafety isn't deep enough to allow the hammer to be cocked back. The curve in a spurhammer goes round the gripsafety bit, on a ringhammer/beavertail setup the gripsafety has a "route" to accomodate the back end of the hammer.

However this leads to another problem, as a beavertail wil not fit a standard goverment frame, the cut in the frame to fit a beavertail is entirely different then on goverment frame (notice how goverment frames have a pointy shape at the back of the frame, and frames for beavertails are rounded)

It is possible to get gripsafeties with the goverment cut but that allow ringhammers, but they are a pita to source seperatly, i got lucky and got one through the forums.

IM000660sm.JPG

see how different my gripsafety is compared to your goverment one?

Edited by sturgis
mod the one you have, its cheaper and makes you feel alot better about the gun, trust me, you appreciate alot when you customise your gun without whoring parts but by modding current ones :P

and hen if that fails get a hi-cappa one, apparently the fit

OH NOES, you mean show off ground down metal? heresy! :D

well, i quite like my parts on my guns looking like they were meant/made for them, instead of a dremeled safety.

but hey, that just me....

and titleist, i got mine of mobious strip back then, might wanna check with him.

Edited by sturgis