1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with HBC here, nice wood grips FTW.

On another note, can you SCW WA experts tell me if this hammer for a SCW2 will fit my SCW3 Kimber....?

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=1302

You can't sharpen the wood grips into a usable knife now can you?

The hammer will fit, the sear won't. Unless you get a SCW2 firing pin and disconnector.

On another note, can you SCW WA experts tell me if this hammer for a SCW2 will fit my SCW3 Kimber....?

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/viewproductdeta...?ProductID=1302

An SCW2 hammer will only fit an SCW3 firing pin system (allowing full travel) if you elongate the central groove on the SCW 2 hammer, not the easiest to do unless you have a steady hand and the right tools (sears are not so watch out if you're buying the set!)

Personally, if I couldn't find sear of the same material to match, I wouldn't fit it.

Edited by Mobius Strip
Thanks for the info MObius, I think I have decided against buying that set.

Pics of the new SD steel chamber, I was amazed that it was a drop in fit with the CDP slide and cycles perfectly even using 134a.

Love the Kimber chamber. Mine was a drop in fit too with a PGC kit. I was surprised.

new 1911, the frame and slide have been sent of for anodizing and laser engraving. Upgraded parts include a new piston head, precision inner barell, enhanced loading nozzle, 150% recoil spring (maybe hammer if i can find a decent sear), nineball SAS outer barrel (with TM tracer unit attached) + 3 mags.

dsc00148vg3.jpg

Soon to be added after frame and slide gets back: lasergrips

Edited by Eskimo_Magic
new 1911, the frame and slide have been sent of for anodizing and laser engraving. Upgraded parts include a new piston head, precision inner barell, enhanced loading nozzle, 150% recoil spring (maybe hammer if i can find a decent sear), nineball SAS outer barrel (with TM tracer unit attached) + 3 mags.

Soon to be added after frame and slide gets back: lasergrips

TM?

and why lasergrips. the ones that replaces the chequered bit at the front look so much nicer.

yes

edit: Hey guys I have a question, What does it mean when on the metal slides in the descriptions it says "With big R" or "With small R"? also Will WA SV/hicapa slides fit WA SCW 1911s?

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. . but Big R, small R refer to the slots/detailing of the grooves in the side of the SLIDE. For instance, Wilsons are different from Kimbers. .the area where you pull the slide back. .some have it in the front like Springfields Customs. . I can't recall what the "R" actuall stands for.

WA HICAP (not hicapa, that's TM)/SV = MAGNA, R-type system

These slides are NOT compatible with the SCW system. .the blowback chambers don't quite line up. .you'd need quite alot of modding to get it to work. .I've never seen it done.

-------------------------------------------------

to Chris/HBC. . kick a$$ grips (make me want to find some compact ones for my Ultra Raptor II)

TM?

and why lasergrips. the ones that replaces the chequered bit at the front look so much nicer.

yes it's a TM, i wanted laser grips because I'm not sure whether the lasermax ( i assume you're talking about the recoil rod on's) would fit at all, they also cost more and for that amount of money unless i can be 100% sure they will fit i really don't want to make the jump.

a trio of new toys in my 1911 collection/projects:

1) Wilson CQB (originally w/ SD CQB Service Grade slide) now w/ Shooters Design Wilson 1996A2 Vreaker V12 slide, Guarder Wilson chamber- MAGNA baby!

WilsonService1_small.jpg

2) Kimber TLE/RL OD w/ Warrior grips recently installed.

KimberTLE.jpg

DSC06614.jpg

3) Colt Gunsite w/ some mismatched parts (this is the same gun I owned about 2 yrs ago. . sold it. .came back into my possession like throwing out a Ouiji board)-MAGNA

Gunsite1_small.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong guys. . but Big R, small R refer to the slots/detailing of the grooves in the side of the SLIDE. For instance, Wilsons are different from Kimbers. .the area where you pull the slide back. .some have it in the front like Springfields Customs. . I can't recall what the "R" actuall stands for.

Big R/Small R - This refers to the Radius of the Stirrup cut on the recoil spring housing of the slide -

i.e. ; the curvature from the nose (after the straight bit) down to the point

where it would meet the end of the dustcover on the frame.

sc_y_200_115.jpg

Edited by Mobius Strip