US Spec Op helmets

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read you post, and I toke some photos using my MICH and my ESS ICE 2.4

Sorry for the quality and my airsoft out look, but I'm working!

Hope you can manage to see if it works for you!

STUNTMAN

Ah thanks STUNTMAN, +1 to you.

The ESS's look pretty good with the MICH. Is it just me, or do the ICE's look pretty bad when looked from the front (only seen if your not wearing any head gear)? The hinges don't really curve and make it look blocky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the quake logo, ###### up a bit, but it was hard to get it to go flat because of the shape of the helemt. Doesnt look too bad though i guess. Good enough for me to not want to do it again lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey what is the best spraypaint to paint a real MICH? I read some about paint not sticking on the rubber lip that runs around the edge, and it stays sticky.

I'm thinking about using Krylon Camo Tan, but I wasn't too pleased how light it came out on my g36c. I'd like a darker tan that would match my Multicam, not a light tan that would match my Converse boots or my g36c.

I like it a lot. Looks the same as the real one I'm getting this weekend, hehe sorry. Do you need that support strap on top? Because I think mine has the mount thing only, dont know if I'll need to get one of those, or if it is just for tacti-cool-ness look. I'd like to get an MS-2000 off of Ebay too.

Hammerchop, the picture of the mag you painted with that right can of Krylon, it looked more like brown. I am wanting more of a Coyote Tan color, like the color of Tan gear.

Hm, then I may need to buy one for tacticoolness. I'm not sure if I want to rape the helmet with velcro and everything else I can possibly stick on there, but it sure would look cool. Some IR patches would be cool, my Multicam hat has a velcro square on top for one.

I just picked up a can of regular Krylon tan today, I've tested it on some random junk and it is a great coyote tan tone. It doesn't appear to be as dull as the Krylon ultra flat camo though, but on a Kevlar MICH I don't think it would look too shiney. Tamiya is the maker of the tan paint Akira used on his awesome g36c, but I don't think I have seen it here in America. They make a great tan.