US Spec Op helmets

N00b Question coming up:

Where can I find those straps on the back of your helmets which hold your goggles in place? Also, how do I attach those to a PASGT replica which I have?

Lastly, I'm buying one of those strobe replicas (BB Loader, really) but how and what do I use to attach it to the back of my helmet like you guys have?

Loving the helmets, this is probs on my my favourite threads here on Arnies, I just love looking at all the cool helmets :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're called "goggle retention straps" you can find them almost anywhere that sells either airsoft or real combat kit these days.

How to attach them to a PASGT I couldn't say with certainty. I don't have one, but the PASGT has a 2 or 3-point retention system, so there won't be screws for the chinstrap to attach them to in the same spot as with a MICH. I'm sure it's possible, someone that owns a PASGT might be able to enlighten you.

The strobe you attach with adhesive velcro ( http://www.supplycaptain.com ).

great idea. i like it. i will try that when i go to the dirt with my psp :D

but im happy! just finally found a TGS PVS14. when it arrives, i will take a pic of my brain bucket, and post it up. shame it is the red dot version, i will kill for the 4X version...

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe

Kay... serious post now:

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

Just need a norotos mount and maybe an MS2000 and I can call it done.

Made the callsign, calico and "IR" Flag in photoshop and then I took them to a nearby Konica store and got them printed. Then I added some velcro and voila! Cheap patches without the hassle of making a stencil!

On a side note... I'm not too sure about wearing a US flag since it's not my country, but from an impression point of view I think it would look weird with my country's flag instead.

edit: I know I f*cked up with the lighting but I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to find a better place lol

Edited by Raven 6

You know... I didn't even think about it when I placed the velcro on top of it. It's not awkward at all though... now that I've played around clicking an imaginary flashlight on the side of the helmet doesn't seem too much of an improvement either.

To be honest... that cheapo Well "Tac-light" is there mainly for looks (although I'm not too sure how much does it help that way), the only practical purpose it has is blue light.. which is... ermm... useful... I think lol