SA80 Picture Thread

I believe my '80 is now worth putting up here:

1021156lr3.th.jpg

Star L85A2 With:

Star SUSAT

Genuine MOD SA80 Maglite with mount

Genuine SA80 Muzzle Cap.

Don't ask where to get one of the maglites from, it took me months to find one. It took about 5 seconds to get the maglite to fit. The muzzle cover took a bit longer as I needed to remove a metal ring from around the muzzle.

And here's what it's based on

3278tg0.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn fine looking gun. I just can't help myself I'm drawn to these, they just look... I dunno. Good.

Off topic question: can someone explain to me what the "916", "924" etc is on the foregrips of some of the guns? thanks

(If I get myself one more gun before the baby arrives its gonna be one of these sweeties)

Whoa! Very nice! One question though, does it take up much room on the inside of the grip, or is it just secured with a nut + bolt through on of the holes in the underside of the grip?

Takes up almost no space at all

671gs6.jpg

The bracket at the back of the torch fits into the rear vent on the bottom of the foregrip, The knurled bolt at the front goes through the 2nd vent from the front with a big washer and an m6 nut, job done!

Cheers for the +1 sadigh

Ok so the question has to be asked. Where the hell did you find yours? Im guessing its no use for my SA80 carbine because im gonna take a wild guess that the LSW foregrip my carbine uses is to short. But still damn im gonna +1 you for such a unique find and addition to your weapon.

Grim

Ok so the question has to be asked. Where the hell did you find yours? Im guessing its no use for my SA80 carbine because im gonna take a wild guess that the LSW foregrip my carbine uses is to short. But still damn im gonna +1 you for such a unique find and addition to your weapon.

Grim

You've got to love ebay! It's taken me six months to find one but it was worth the wait, it's the only accessory I would fit to my '80.

I don't think it would fit to the lsw foregrip as it's a lot shorter and has a lip around the front.

Thanks for the +1

king p90.. lovely job done there matey..any more info on our friends in the pic u put up there?.. who are they??

They're the Fleet Protection Group part of the Royal Marines (FPGRM, formerly Commanchio Company or Commanchio Group), they're basically tasked with protection of naval nuclear weapons and counter terrorist work on oil rigs and ships.

Thats not a bad price at all, considering how rare it is to find. You got a bargain!

Just wondering how the maglite is fixed to the mount, is the torch removable at all?

Yeah, I was quite surprised, had double that figure as maximum bid!

The body of the maglite has had 4 holes (2 in each join between torch and mount) that have been drilled and then had threads tapped, 4 allen bolts go through the mount and then screw into the torch body.

The torch is removable but it's not a quick job, and I wouldn't want to do it that often as the threads are only cut into the thin aluminium maglite body.

Who's that? Or rather what unit is that?

They're the Fleet Protection Group part of the Royal Marines (FPGRM, formerly Commanchio Company or Commanchio Group), they're basically tasked with protection of naval nuclear weapons and counter terrorist work on oil rigs and ships.

;)