SA80 Picture Thread

IMO no launcher is worth anything like that kind of money, all launchers are massivly overprice for what they are: a tube and some levers.

The star AG36 is rather a good quality one, though, and does feal quite nice to hold. I'd say, if you have the money, and want one, get it! All it can do is dissapoint you and tire your arms with its weight :P.

but can you ever put a price on man-points? ;)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but can you ever put a price on man-points? ;)

Yes.

At the end of the day, when you're winging about how heavy the AG36 has made your gun, and how your arms hurt, and how much it cost, and how you only fired it 3 times all day and never hit anything. then you sit down and have a little cry.

- man points :P

Teamleader has one on his sa80. Feels great, looks even better. It is a bit heavy though, but you get used to it. After all, it's not like running around with a gimpy :)

I think he's used it less than 20 times on various milsims & biggames. Used mainly to take out ingame vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr SKaR, your artsy skills are far too good. I at best, can make rifles look slightly like they're supposed to...

Can I ask you nice folks what optics you're finding best for your L85s and L86s?

I'm trying to find a suitable otpic that works with a lower-face mask, and have come to the conclusion that whilst SUSATs look nice, they don't seem to work well with a mask (that and the one I picked up wasn't terribly useful)

Mr SKaR, your artsy skills are far too good. I at best, can make rifles look slightly like they're supposed to...

Can I ask you nice folks what optics you're finding best for your L85s and L86s?

I'm trying to find a suitable otpic that works with a lower-face mask, and have come to the conclusion that whilst SUSATs look nice, they don't seem to work well with a mask (that and the one I picked up wasn't terribly useful)

Get the chinese SUSAT from RSOV. Its not as nicley made as the other airsoft SUSATS, but the eye relif is much better, I wear goggles with a seperate low profile lower mask and I've not had any trouble with see through mine.

I did, however, have to play around with the mount, there were some manufacturing defects that i had to grind out, AND i had to remove the peg that seats in the rail because it made the sight sit way off center.

Considering its less than half the price of the STAR or GnG SUSATs its far superior in that you can use it with decent eyepro.

• 2 weeks later...

How damn scary is that,at 1.15 the presenter has his fingers in the trigger housing for the launcher & the weapon itself.

The way the presenter was acting in the clips pretty much gave away the fact he's got no kind of military background or interest at all really, and the other shows he's done seem to be about cookery or some other entirely unrelated subject.

you must be mad.. it looks awsome i cant wait to get my hands on it next year :D

Agree there. Personally I don't think I'd put the rail on my AEG as I like the fact it's nice and light at the front, but I reckon all the new stuff looks bad-*albatross* regardless of anything else.

But anyway, picture thread. After 2 years of sitting in the back of the "Armoury" (*ahem*) up in Scotland and never seeing the light of day, the ICS is back home and after getting an optic will be seeing plenty of skirmish action (though not with the hi-cap):

P1010194.jpg

I actually nearly had to sell a kidney. Splitting my 416 up to pay for an Ares sa80 to actually go inside it lol. Got it from a forces guy who bought it from someone else to put on an airsoft eighty but got an M4 instead. Its a bit much cash to spend on a rail system really but I love railed Sa80s so took the plunge!

Tbh I would have kept the 416 if I could have got the fricking mags to feed. I'm actually earning some decent money now so wont need to sell guns to pay bills anymore. Once I shift my 416 furniture and shitgun I'll have enough to finish this sa80 and my brit kit and it's back to the tattoos ;)