Pictures of your weapon

The receiver is actually sheet steel. The hanger and carrying handle is also steel and on the DX the flash hider, bipod legs also.

However, it's LIGHTYEARS away from the real deal and actually only shares a vague resemblance to the real one. Most of the measurements are off by a few millimeters and the overall finish is very toyish and overly simplified. That's why I'm replacing almost all of the parts possible with real items, in anticipation of the VFC M60E4 :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this information, and what we already know, I presume he lives in the western United States, probably in the northwest, judging by the shadow particulates on the photo (though the umbrella softened them up a bit) and his work is tantamount to the photographical photography. Thus, we shall triangulate where he lives and relieve him of his guns.

Great work, Adrianne Monk! :D

Donnie, yeah I cut those myself, I traced the M4, mags, loader, and battery on to thick cardstock paper, layed those on the foam, then outlined them in black ink (you can see some of it still on the foam in some places). Then just cut in, as you said it's not for the faint of heart, I had to do some edge cleanup with some scissors. But yeah cut those out on a saturday evening, not as easy as the pelican 'pick and pluck foam' which is much more user friendly.

And you guys are right, they're double stacked mags, 1 in each direction since the magpuls themselves would make the mags sit crooked if they were both stacked in the same direction.

Just to make it nice and simple, here's the case without anything in it, my cuts aren't 100 perfect, some of them are uneven down the depth of the foam, but it's mighty clean to the untrained eye.

case44ej.jpg

Edited by Titleist

Thanks, oooh old school CAR, very cool. Thanks for the compliments on the case, I just cut out an area for the OTAL laser, tomorrow when I get my Killflash I'll notch that area out of the foam as well.

Tango Down repaired my bipod so once I get that back on wednesday I'll notch out an area for that and then the case be done.