Armalite Pictures

i finally decided to jump on the Armalite bandwagon

CA m15a4 tac carbine with tm silencer and simmons red dot

even though now it has a riser mount and a TM aimpoint

Clicky 1

Clicky 2

Clicky 3

comment on pics please!! i want to get better at photos...

Edited by cllwayzata2011
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photo tip 1: Never use direct un-softened/dispersed flash unless you are going for a specific look only that can provide (Which most don't know how to use properly anyway, so best leave it well alone). You can use something as simple as paper to cover the flash, it will help soften and disperse the light more, giving a more natural light effect. Not so pronounced.

2: Everyone seems to think if you lay a gun down and take a picture looking up or down it it will look good. Unless you know what the word aperture means and how it effects your depth of field i would stay well away from this type of shot also.

3: Find out how your camera focuses. Auto, manual, which points does it use for auto focus reference. Case in point, in picture 3, you have some grass and some camo in focus, but the subject of the photo (the gun) is not. By the looks of the way you arranged the photo you did not want it to turn out like this (As the camo/grass is boring/complicated/makes terrible subject matter), so make sure you know exactly what your camera is focusing on. Typically you can focus on one object, and while still half-pressing the shutter button, recompose your shot, and fully compress. Providing the distance between you and the subject you previously focused on does not change, and you simply recomposed the shots angle or view.

I think that covers it for quarter past 2 in the morning :)

Oh, point 4: Learn to take critique. It won't all be good, but you'll improve a helluva lot more if you take it all in.

You must take into account that 99% of the cameras used are either

a) camera phones

B) very *suitcasey* digitals

c) very *suitcasey* digitals

The other 1% can be blamed on those who are photo illiterate.

Visit www.dpreview.com for some helpful info, and try browsing some online photo sites such as www.fotki.com for inspiration.

Edited by pillow_pwnage

Already did. I've taken some (if i do say so myself) cracking shots with camera phones, cheap '*suitcasey*' digitals, things with practically no user control at all. It only requires some simple nudges to turn a mediocre photo into a good one.

As im sure you would know, i've seen the shots of your SR25, that's definately one GOOD use of the lay down gun shot!

My CA, although i'm selling the ACOG (i use the iron sights, the ACOG is on for the sake of a pic). Fairly straightforward SPC with a G&P laser, vertical foregrip and king arms pistol grip (found the standard one too small :( ).

Edited by dechande