How do you hide yours?

Smith5

It's official!!!

You guys sound like a bunch of junkies...

Now If I could only find that can of gas and bag of .2s I stashed behind my Jerry Garcia poster...can you guys loan me a buck ??? I need it to buy ummm food?

;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm afraid that I don't see why you need more than one AEG at your age. I'm 21 and I still only have one (I used to have two, but the one was up for sale for a while and I finally managed to sell it to a friend).

Restrict myself to only 1 rifle!? i think not! :D

My excuse is i need this for this game and this one for that game and my gf has no idea how much any of my guns cost appart from my pistol which is why she will NEVER be informned of the real cost of anything ever again!!!!!!! :waggle::waggle::waggle::waggle::waggle::waggle::waggle:

My dad used to moan at me at me saying 'I can't believe you've spent just under a grand so you can run around a field shooting people every other weekend' to which i eventually a replied 'I can't believe that you've spent a couple of grand building an off road land rover that just sits on the drive'

That shut him up :P

ROFL!! :D:rolleyes:

Now heres my problem. What started as the truth has spiralled into a big lie, all because of my parents reaction when I told them how much my G36c cost (imagine jaws hitting floor and shoked and dissaproving looks on faces).

I had exactly the same situation Smith. Parents find it hard to comprihend why i would want to spend that much on a replica rifle, especially as i dont use it as often as i would like.

I just ordered a load of Flecktarn combat gear and webbing, and ive somehow got to ask my dad if i can use his credit card to pay for it, then give him hard cash in hand lol.

I just told mine the truth. about how much my G36 cost.

I only have one rifle, i want another, but i cant afford it atm. I originally started off with 1 pistol though, and over the space of a year that grew to 3 pistols with them non the wiser.

pistols are easy to hide, rifles less so.

best way, is not to buy too many other guns, if u think that will arouse suspicion. instead just mod the ones you have, u will still enjoy the thrill of getting something new, but they wont know so much about it.

Alternativly. do what the other guys suggest, and lie about the price. alot of ppl sell Airsoft rifles cheap, just say a m8 sold it you at the last skirmish.

The problem i had, was if my gun and equipment only cost me £100, y do i have no money left from my pay cheque!? mmmgh thats the hard one to explain...

3 years ago my mum would not have even liked the idea of me having a springer (she dosn't really like guns), but I just expalined the sport etc, sayed how much it's cheaper than paintballing etc. My mum doesn't mind to much, but she never does understand why I always need new kit. It's my money (well normally hers :D ). Just as long as I don't use them in the house (now have loads of dent marks in my room on the walls and furniture, hopefully she won't notice them) :D

I have a friend who didn't want his parrents to know how much his gun cost, it worked ok, when he sayed it cost £50 (even then they were angry), though it got worse when they saw the recpit of £220.

its all good, when your parents or other half shouts at you and tells you to get rid just say out loud "Sweet, i can afford that crack pipe i've always wanted"

swap this as needs be, for instance weed. computer parts. models. guitar etc..

make a big show about how much MORE expensive it is then your hobby and you'll be sat IN THE HOUSE ALL DAY.

they'll soon shut up.

pete

Hmmm. I just ordered a brand new 410 pound STAR Sa80 from fire support with a 35 pound battery and 15 pound charger...

Before that I was tactically glancing through wikipedia on airsoft and explained to my mum that it was safer and cheaper than paintball.

Then I began glancing through fire support's online store in front of my parents, and ta-da my dad asked me if I wanted one. So then I said, "OK, I get one if I get a good school report" "Deal"

Weeeee. Easy as that and considering I always get As in more than half my subjects and Bs in everything else I am good to go.

Hmmm. I just ordered a brand new 410 pound STAR Sa80 from fire support with a 35 pound battery and 15 pound charger...

Before that I was tactically glancing through wikipedia on airsoft and explained to my mum that it was safer and cheaper than paintball.

Then I began glancing through fire support's online store in front of my parents, and ta-da my dad asked me if I wanted one. So then I said, "OK, I get one if I get a good school report" "Deal"

Weeeee. Easy as that and considering I always get As in more than half my subjects and Bs in everything else I am good to go.

*******!!!! <_< lol

I have a second wife & family that my first doesn't know anything about. I keep the guns there.

This comment was inspired buy the Porridge episode when they try to tunnel out.

McKay "Flecther, how did you hide the soil from the tunnel"

Fletcher "Well we dug another tunnel & put the earth in that" :D :D :D

Just one comment.

However clever you think you are at hiding things, if your parents WANT to find your stuff, they will...

It's highly amusing how clever those forum members who still live with mum and dad believe they are and how dense they think their parents are.

Ah, the joys of growing up! :D

To the OP - Quit lying now, you'll probably find ALL your stuff's down the Police station/local dump one day if your parents find it.

Cheers.

Airsoft is a cheap hobby.

There, I said it. Compare it to many other hobbies (golf, automotive, and it'll come out a lot cheaper. Just the modifications I've put into my car, the sportsbike I'd like to get, or my summer trips dwarf my airsoft expenses since the start.

yeah exactly, i always say that

i worked for it so i have the right to spend it however i want

I remember one kid who was showing off his brand new spanking PSG-1, upgraded to 2J with a FTK, metal body etc.

He was about 13.

DL: Wow - are your parents ok with that?

SK: Nah - they don't know I bought it.

DL: How long did you save up for it then?

SK: I didn't - I told my parents I was buying a computer - they'll never check it up.

Two weeks later - Exactly the same PSG-1 goes up for sale on an online 2nd Hand BBS - with a message about "Our son wasted over $6000 on this".

Ah - I love the smell of karma in the morning.

@ author -- IMO the quickest step you can make is sacrificing your original boxes. All mine just go to the recyclers. They don't do your re-sale any good either, unless your guns are never out of the box and you plan to acution them off 50 years from now. ;)

Archived