Tokyo Marui, 2005 Lineup Calendar

orca

This calendar was included in the Feb 2005 issue of ARMS magazine. This was a 4 fold inside the magazine so I stitched it back together as best I could. If you want a cleaner version of this Calendar, please buy yourself a copy of Feb 2005 ARMS Magazine.

This is Marui's Marketing Departments commitment to what can be delivered by Marui this year, 2005 (AEG, Gas, Boys, Spring Rifle and Shotgun).

This should be a good indicator of what will keep being manufactured/delivered this year and what existing products will not. Maybe dispell a few rumors...

This calendar does not show any new guns that will be released later this year like the Type 89 or M14. It only shows previously released guns.

marui2005-01a.jpg

LOL hippy, the back side of this calendar... Everything you wanted to know about the M4 S-System... And Feb, ARMS 2005 is all about all Marui Armalites, but it does have a nice part 1 of 2 article on a visit to Stoner. So yeah Armalites are in for the time being...

wish they'd publish something i cared about.  like when they're releasing their goddamned 226!

Like orca wrote, most of the newer Marui releases has not made it to the poster.

Altough, being a cynical b´stard, I wouldn´t be surprised if Marui postponed or totally cancelled their P226 GBB (or entire newer GBB series)... When Marui´s concerned, the road from product hype to actual reality is usually very, very long.

I have a suspicion 05 is going to be a slow year for innovation in the TM offices- yes, they've made the g18c MAEG, but I think we're going to have to rely more on CA and ISC to do anything truly unique in the AEG rifle department.

what bugs me most abou tTM is that they always discontinue stuff at teh precise moment that I decide I really must have one- this happened to me with the G3A3 ( I truly, truly miss this one- without doubt a gun I would snap up if it ever turned up on a for sales thread), the XM177 (finally decided if I was going to get an armalite carbine, I wanted it to look retro, rather than uberpimped and SWAT-like) AND the Sig 550!

curse you, god...

perhaps its time we flood the Japanese film market with tonnes of 70s and 80s british action shows like "The Professionals" and such quality films as Dog Soldiers in the hope that the airsofters out there start lobbying for l85s and FN FALs :)

thats actually not a bad idea...TM won't listen to us, but they might listen to the uplifted voices of a thousand japanese airsofters all wanting to be bodie...

perhaps its time we flood the Japanese film market with tonnes of 70s and 80s british action shows like "The Professionals" and such quality films as Dog Soldiers in the hope that the airsofters out there start lobbying for l85s and FN FALs :)

thats actually not a bad idea...TM won't listen to us, but they might listen to the uplifted voices of a thousand japanese airsofters all wanting to be bodie...

Nice 1 Harry! You hit the nail on the head! I know alot of you guys like to bash Marui, but keep in mind they are only focused on the market in Japan and they base their builds on what's popular in the media in Japan. Also keep in mind if it weren't for Marui, you wouldn't have affordable, "mass produced" well built airsoft or all the accessories 3rd party guys scramble to make for Marui releases either...

The G3SAS was inspired by what Marui says, by the S.A.S. II series of films. I can't confirm anything cuz I've yet to see those films here in the U.S. Anyway so if they show things like L85's and FAL's in a polular light, Marui probably will build them.

A great reference page that on the Official Marui site is here:

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/tieup/index.html

This shows what Marui feels is popular enough to consider building. I have a feeling we'll see some more Biohazard/Res Evil releases this year too. (And yes the PS2 airsoft game is listed too.. gah) Marui bases most of their releases to something they can tie into marketing/popular media wise.

So, sorry to say guys, no matter what geopolitical or gun aficionado view you take on things. Marui will keep developing what they feel they can sell in Japan at this point.

Lads theres no SOCOM kit there. Is that beloved NBB gone too?

Alas, alas........oh fie for verily has fallen the fairest maiden of the marui line......for so deprived are we of her glory that never again shall rise.

RIP Steyr AUG Mil.

*Commits Seppuku in defiance of marui.*

The Mk23 NBB is still there... So is the MP5J... Only the obscure guns that were rumored to be discontinued (besides the P90 Red Dot) are gone.

None of the planned releases are shown on the poster like the M14, the Type 89 or the P226, so I wouldn't say that they're not coming out any time soon. Everything on the poster is what TM has already released.

perhaps its time we flood the Japanese film market with... such quality films as Dog Soldiers in the hope that the airsofters out there start lobbying for l85s and FN FALs :)

Isn't the first thing they do is ditch the L85's and grab all the MP5's, SLR's etc? Not exactly promoting the L85! :D

my tranlsted japanese aint that good. But did anybody realise that SAS II was infact ITV's Ulitmate Farce...force sorry.

ANd why were there loadsa women in bikinis?????..........................................

2nd thought...why not?

Notice how certain dates on the calenders are red? Take for example, january 1st and 30th are red. Did TM do anything on the first? May 3rd 4th and 5th are all red. Could this possibly mean something like press releases, gun releases, or events? Or are they just Japanese holidays and I'm missing it?

Archived