Pictures Of Your Weapon

I have to say that while I am totally opposed to Chinese knockoffs :P I also totally respect the desire to have all the various models in your collection.

What I REALLY object to is when people start telling us alkl that their Chinese knockoff that cost 1/4 of the price of the regular "elitist" models is actually a better gun, even when it is made from poor quality materials and hasn't got any respectable level of Quality Control. Apart from being wrong, it is just plain retarded.

I guess my philosophy would be something like: `Own whatever you like, enjoy it, be happy with it; but don't try to tell people who have spent far more time & money than you on their stuff that what you have is somehow better, cheaper, and more effective than theirs and that therefore you are somehow better than 'em.`

This is not aimed at anyone, I just thought I'd weigh in with my contribution while we're here ;)

As I can't be arsed to think of what to get pics of, does anyone want to see anything in particular? I got plenty to choose from ;)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say that while I am totally opposed to Chinese knockoffs :P I also totally respect the desire to have all the various models in your collection.

What I REALLY object to is when people start telling us alkl that their Chinese knockoff that cost 1/4 of the price of the regular "elitist" models is actually a better gun, even when it is made from poor quality materials and hasn't got any respectable level of Quality Control. Apart from being wrong, it is just plain retarded.

I guess my philosophy would be something like: `Own whatever you like, enjoy it, be happy with it; but don't try to tell people who have spent far more time & money than you on their stuff that what you have is somehow better, cheaper, and more effective than theirs and that therefore you are somehow better than 'em.`

This is not aimed at anyone, I just thought I'd weigh in with my contribution while we're here ;)

As I can't be arsed to think of what to get pics of, does anyone want to see anything in particular? I got plenty to choose from ;)

Well said! Off all the guns in that pic, the AEG to be exact, only the TM and Cybergun are used for skirmishing, everything(AEG) else are pretty much useless.

As for handguns, I've never get the chance to buy any of the cheap GBB knockoffs. Ie. WE, KJ, etc. But my brother did, he bought one of the WE hicapa variants, it broke only after less than 500 shots. I bought a metal slide kit (WE) for the TM 1911 with the white marking, the nozzle bent making it unable to load BBs into the chamber, that only after less than 100 shots.

But again, for display purposes, they're a good alternative.

I rank some of the KJ and HFC guns higher than a lot of the the Marui, KSC versions as it happens. KJW G23 is one of my standard `issued out` skirmish guns that I lend to people as it is simple, reliable, powerful and so far has had among the fewest problems of all my pistols :lol: The real cheap knockoffs by Cybergun et al are what I would consider as inferior, because they are.

KJ stuff is dodgy, so is some of the HFC/WE gubbins, but it doesn't cost much less than the Marui handguns, for example, because where the extra value come from is that fact that you get metal slides & frames for basically the same kinda price as the plastic TM guns.

They still are not as reliable though, and I have only a few of these, mostly to, just like yourself, bolster the collection and make sure I have a usable-if-not-entirely-amazing model of that particular gun.

Tommy - the BREN can't really be field stripped unfortunately. I'll see if I can get the camera to focus real close like, try and get the markings and suchlike for ya though :)

Anyone else?

Oh my!! I've been wanting to say the same thing for a while now. People get flamed for asking normal questions, or if you show the slightest "weakness" in your airsoft knowledge, you're doomed!! I'm fine with chinese knockoffs tho :P

Sorry for the off-topic....

Hi 1911, you are so right. I once posted a photo in the Pictures thread and stated as a caption that "I wouldn't know all the whistle and bells" shown in that photo, because that photo showed friends of mine. As a result I was asked "what are you good for on these boards". How stupid is that :no:?!

I take it from your early registration and still relatively few posts that you are indeed one of the endangered species here called quality members. Take it like me and hope Arnie will return and give the forum a thorough clean sweep. It's really needed.

Here's my contribution.

everythingke2.jpgeverthing2jm7.jpg

All mine, except the AEGs(S-system is mine :P ). Theyre my brother's. What is his, is mine, and what is mine isn't his. LOL... SO yes, they're all mine!! :D

Most of them are cheap chinese made, but they're great for collection.

I take it u like 1911's as much as I like saa's

101999311-M.jpg

101999313-M.jpg

my new MILSPEC project. half done, awaiting internal upgrades

your suggestions (mainly titleist et al.) for how i can make it even more authentic would be suggested

i've got a LMT BUIS, Knight Armament Rail Covers, and TangoDown vertical grip coming soon

my goal with this project is to make it virtually indistinguishable from the real issue M4

Edited by chillindrdude

Not sure what you're going for. However when I stripped down my M4 I ditched certain elements that were more civilian rather than military. i.e LMT and magpul ladder covers are definitly more civilian. Ditch your scope riser.

I find that 95 percent of vertical foregrips in use are KAC based, I'm still waiting to see a TD vertical grip in the field. I think with some minor re-tooling your gun could look more authentic, however frankly who am I to judge. Keep in mind it's YOUR gun, and frankly it comes down to what feels best in your hands.

My gun is quickly interchangeable between a USAF PJ setup and a USMC FR setup. I.e the KAC grip and A/N PEQ stay on, but I'm just swapping rear BUIS and scopes (ACOG/EO552).

My best advice is to look at military pictures and look for setups that look good to you. Don't be affraid of simple. But also don't be strangled by HAVING to have your gun look exactly like someone else's.