Pictures Of Your Weapon

Yes i'm positive.  I read an article in I think it was either S.W.A.T. or SPECIAL WEAPONS, on different manufactured  6.8 SPC rounds (he was testing them in the barrett M468)  Anyway he commented on how normal 5.56mm magazines won't feed 6.8 rounds properly etc. and you need to buy compatible magazines.

Yes I read that too. IIRC, 6.8 AR-15's could only use regular STANAGs until PRI came out with mags designed only for 6.8 guns. Enough with the small arms talk now eh? <----- No offence since this is a Britain based forum.

Edited by That_One_Person
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen SF with bipods on their M4, but I'm gong to pull a 101matt1, and not provide any evidence. Oh, and they're Tokyo Marui bipods, cause its the same thing, only less expensive.

Edit-That was aimed at 101matts original post. >_>

Edited by MagicalNinjaBuddy
Oh please, I SAID my parents havent objected, and that is what my Bday money is going for.  <_< 

If you want to criticize me, do it in a PM, dont spam.

Did you just tell someone not to spam???

Oh and heres my Sig. Don't remeber if I posted this before but I don't want to be told I'm spamming.

100_1046.jpg

Oh and this looks alot like an M4 with a bipod to me.

M4 with Bipod as used by a real operator.

Edited by poorieuser

I find bipods on a carbine to be pointless, but that is just my opinion...

consider this...its a carbine, its smaller, lighter and shorter than a full length rifle, why get a bipod for it? The design was not meant to carry a bipod as the benefits do not outweigh the costs. Your lugging more weight and potentially making your gun longer than it needs to be when the bipod is retracted, and as an airsoft gun, I highly doubt that there are many times when youd need to get low and prop a bipod up to get a couple of shots. I use an ACOG on my 14.5 inch M4 and I have never had the need to use a bipod, but thats just me...

I normally carry the bipod clipped on my molle vest, but use it for defensive times when i need to lay prone for a long time. Not wanting to rest my gun on the magazine, or prop it up with my arm for long. I got the idea from some pictures on Airsoft Retreat. I need a Grip-Pod to replace my bipod and foregrip. Now it would be sweet.

I find bipods on a carbine to be pointless, but that is just my opinion...

consider this...its a carbine, its smaller, lighter and shorter than a full length rifle, why get a bipod for it?  The design was not meant to carry a bipod as the benefits do not outweigh the costs.  Your lugging more weight and potentially making your gun longer than it needs to be when the bipod is retracted, and as an airsoft gun, I highly doubt that there are many times when youd need to get low and prop a bipod up to get a couple of shots.  I use an ACOG on my 14.5 inch M4 and I have never had the need to use a bipod, but thats just me...

ok what about in my case with a 509mm tightbore inner barrel and a SL of FPS?

AirsoftTWR3_025.jpg

I find em handy, but only in urban terrain where it's flat.

Edited by trfo2o

as I said, that was my opinion, there is going to be a lot of people that will agree and a lot that will not.

I personally dont see a need for yours, you might have "SL FPS" and a tightbore, but tightbores dont do a whole measure of help and the FPS thing, well my CQBR spews out a standard in about 5-6 seconds, I think I qualify in the insane category, and I still dont see how youd need one, its not like there is recoil to the gun...

but alas, that is but one mans opinion, do not take me for gospel.

edit: sexy gun btw. :)

Edited by Blarney

Bipods on a carbine are kind of stupid. I mean, jsut go prone, remember your shooting basics, and you can easily hit a target at 500 yards. Just throw on an ACOG (not some huge scope like in that picture) and you will be totally gravy.

I hope you wern't talking about my aimpoint, milla. lol. But yea I use to use that bipod set up because I saw this AWESOME picture of a SF soldier in Iraq with a harris bipod and ACOG and I couldn't resist on getting one.

I dunno when I did use my M4 with the bipod I mainly just liked the feel of having a bipod,, I just felt like I would have more accuracy(kinda sniper like I guess)

Anyway the way I had my M4 set up wasn't any different then an SR/SPR style set up.

sightlt3.jpg

Not great quality, its dark down here.

The black blur near the bottom of the pic is my BUIS...obviously folded down, but the lens of my camera was looking through where the rear sight hole would be

Edited by Milla