Pictures Of Your Weapon

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good Hendrix. Not too over accessorized...clean and simple. ;)

thank you, the only thing i plan on adding is a mount for a flashlight on the side(it'd only be on when i play at night) and a Vltor stock.

Hendrix that looks absolutely wonderful! I think the two-tone is perfect. Gotta say... I used to be a total OD freak but I have turned to the darkside and have now gone coyote brown crazy.

By the way... What paint did you use? I think my friend is interested in doing a brown scheme on his gun as well.

the color is actually chestnut lol, its a rustoleum brand. Either way i like it, its darker than Tan and fits in perfectly in dark areas aswell as lighter enviroments.

The whole thing turned out pretty good, i only painted it because im planning on replacing those parts in the near future but im starting to like it enough to keep it in the current configuration.

An oldy but a goody, my painted M14 stock:

http://lawndartdesign.com/guns/M14_paint.jpg

What happened to the CAW Walnut stock Titleist?

thank you, the only thing i plan on adding is a mount for a flashlight on the side(it'd only be on when i play at night) and a Vltor stock.

Well don't over-do it...as it looks just perfect at the moment. ;)

Edited by browningman
What happened to the CAW Walnut stock Titleist?

I still have it, but a few people were wondering why I never paint any of my guns, so I put the painted stock I did a few years ago back on the gun just to show it off. But for the most part the gun will remain with it's wood stock.

First it was CT, but then a contractor in Iraq painted it OD because he was more in the mountains wiht woods then in desert. Now I've painted it CT again with a little CB.

the replica's aren't really light, I guess it's because of the bad background and light, I'll take pictures in sand next time ;)

But thanks for telling me your thoughts! I really appreciate it!

BARsrule2 Posted Today, 03:26 AM

Dhindo, which RAS system is that and where can I get it? Loving the gun by the way.

Thanks man!I got it from Airsoft Options...

ferretkiller Posted Today, 04:11 PM

Looks like ICS or JBU, if i am seeing it correctly.

looks like a different kit but same rail. Little longer.

http://trinityairsoft.com/pc-461-29-m15m16...sd-ras-kit.aspx

Correct,its the JBU Rail but with out the silencer...

Edited by dhindo

Yeah, the trades are wrong according to the CAm16VN thread ;)

Also, I added on a sling attachment ring. Beside that, there's no spring loaded stock and I used a different method for retracting / locking it.

When I was modding the stock, I got a little crazy and had to fix up the back end more than I planned.

And the mag release fence, but all of that doesn't bother me. Maybe a purist.

Anyway I got a real steel 70's era full stock and triangle handguards from CTD to make the conversion.

One more shot:

20070305cacar15069jw4.jpg

Just an update...

GP stock

GP aimpoint

BUIS(Troy replicas)

**Not liking the look with the AP,I ordered new optics for it,will update again when it arrives**

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/dhindo/AA04.jpg

Nice setup. That's exactly what I would want my AR-15 to look like. :)

Awesome CAR15 Ledpocket. Speaking of old carbines...I kind of figured out how to get the "old" XM styled finish.

I'm currently in the process of getting some proper primer for the receiver, so I've been busy stripping the paint off. While I was at it, I tried (as an intermediate project) getting an old worn look (Like the XMs or GAU/GUU carbines). I used gun blue (took a while since Aluminum can't really get blued).

I say it's a "GUU-5/P" Carbine (old lower with refitted M4A1 upper). For a quick fact info session, the GAU/GUU designation is used by the US Air Force for their carbines (mostly old XM carbines). They have also been refitted with newer uppers (ie: the M4A1) and have been re-designated as GUU-5/P. Although most of AFSOC switched out to actual M4A1 carbines, a few of the PJ guys still carry GUU-5/Ps.

Ok, maybe my Carbine's not quite a GAU/GUU-5 carbine since the real one uses A1 lowers, but I was experimenting the "old worn" look. I think it'll look pretty good with A1 and XM receivers out there. It might be able to work with AK bodies as well.

"GUU-5/P" with refitted standard M4A1 upper.

gua5oppkm3.jpg

"GUU-5/P" with refitted SOPMOD M4A1 upper.

sopmodgua5oppck5.jpg

sopmodwithapsideip9.jpg

flashcloseve5.jpg

This was the look I was going for...

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5806/xm...ealsteeltb1.jpg