1. 1. Ban guns?

• I say we keep guns, I collect them
    • I say we keep guns, I want/have them for protection
    • I want to ban all the guns
    • Ban guns? Already banned where I live

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are too many people who have no evidence to support what they say.

You mean like your previous thread about violence in movies/video games?

"If you watch these things you won't be as sickened if they happen in real life!"

"Proof?"

"You're all sick!!!1"

You mean like your previous thread about violence in movies/video games?

"If you watch these things you won't be as sickened if they happen in real life!"

"Proof?"

"You're all sick!!!1"

Leave it to misfit to ruin a thread like this. Hell, i learned my lesson in that thread. If you read the "Bush Joke" thread you'd know that:

If you're going to make a point, back it up. I'm not promoting some large-scale debate here, but you people really need to reinforce your points (in a lesson G_R forced upon me, which i thank him for).

Dumbass. Your post had no contribution whatsoever to this thread and all you managed to do was state how i was unneccesarily rude in a previous thread (which i apologized for, not like it matters to you since your goal is apparently to make me look bad). I felt a bit of temptation to neg you because that post was so damn stupid, unneccesary, crass, and generally just pointed a finger in the wrong direction. tsk, tsk, tsk...

EDIT: forgot to menion: you failed to actually quote me in your post. All you did was make some general statements in parentheses that weren't said by anyone. As said in that particular thread, get at least something in your post right.

This thread seems pretty worthless...

Ban guns? No.

Gun control? No.

Concealed carry? Yes.

Abolish California and Illinois as states? Yes.

I come from probably the most pro-gun and conservative state (Ohio). Guns being banned here in the Ohio and in the United States as a whole is highly unlikely. Yes we have laws concerning guns here in Ohio...can't have a magazine that holds more than 32 rounds, but we do have concealed carry. It seems that the anti-gun movements and strict gun laws are based in California and Illinois. California has the 10 round magazine law and plenty of liberals and Illinois is pretty much the same. I know in Carbondale, IL, they have strict laws about taking guns through the city-they must be completely disassembled.

What happens if our nation needs protection from attack? The military isn't always going to be in the country in full force...that's why you always need an armed population.

As long as you abide by the law and use firearms safely, then there is no reason to get rid of them.

Leave it to misfit to ruin a thread like this. Hell, i learned my lesson in that thread. If you read the "Bush Joke" thread you'd know that:

Woah, mate.

I wasn't trying to be an *albartroth* - was just making a joke. Sorry you took it the wrong way - my fault for forgetting smilies! :)

This thread seems pretty worthless...

Ban guns? No.

Gun control? No.

Concealed carry? Yes.

Abolish California and Illinois as states? Yes.

Why? There are plenty of good stores in California. There's AEX, Evike, Airsoft GI, and about 40 other stores and fields. I went to AEX of San Diego...god I was in heaven...

Woah, mate.

I wasn't trying to be an *albartroth* - was just making a joke. Sorry you took it the wrong way - my fault for forgetting smilies!  :)

It's all cool, man. No hard feelings ;) . We really need to ablosh CA though. Too many hippies :P . Can't wait till continental drift pulls it away from us.

Why? There are plenty of good stores in California. There's AEX, Evike, Airsoft GI, and about 40 other stores and fields. I went to AEX of San Diego...god I was in heaven...

Okay, okay, we'll provide an exemption for all of the airsoft stores and NUMEROUS sites over there. They'll remain soverign territory. In fact, we can get the nuclear seagulls that we all hope will destroy the CYMA factories to have a pre-mission excursion to manually lift up and transport the good parts of California over to the east coast. :D

But screw Illinois. I think NYC should be kicked out of the U.S. also. They're just as heinous, but in a more "soon to be a totalitarian dystopia/city-state" way. :P

I think people really should get rid of the stereotype that left wing liberalists are against guns and conservative republicans are for them. While it's true that the thought of banning guns is more common among the former, you have to remember that the only thing in common with all gun owners is that they are gun owners. Nothing else.

Polarizing the question into a left-right debate is going to tick left-winged gun owners off really bad, when you should be united against gun grabbers regardless of political leanings.

I think people really should get rid of the stereotype that left wing liberalists are against guns and conservative republicans are for them. While it's true that the thought of banning guns is more common among the former, you have to remember that the only thing in common with all gun owners is that they are gun owners. Nothing else.

Polarizing the question into a left-right debate is going to tick left-winged gun owners off really bad, when you should be united against gun grabbers regardless of political leanings.

Okay then. It is true that not all left wing people are against guns, but the general belief of liberalism is against guns. I do mildly agree with you though that political stereotypes are too common on this forum. We should make a poll for pro-gun people only where you vote whether you're more left, right, or undecided and see how it really is.

Ok, first off, both liberals and conservatives are idiots. Learn to make up your own mind. And secondly, banning guns will accomplish absolutely nothing. Because the gun has been invented, it is a problem. There will always be those who abuse these weapons and there's little we can do to stop that. Who cares about the 2nd amendment? The simple fact that guns exist just makes this conversation worthless. There will always be weapons, crime, war, and death, and there's almost nothing we can do to stop it.

Ok, we can ban guns if we go minority report on everyone's *albatross* :P.

If we go Minority Report, then we'll effectively have become a police state. Basically arresting people for crimes they haven't committed. Every conviction ever upheld by the DC courts in Minority Report would have been overturned by the Supreme Court for that fact alone. Although I thought the movie was pretty good otherwise....

You think Cali and IL are bad, come out to NJ, utterly redonkulus gun laws here.

I know, I'm from that hellhole and I'm getting out as soon as college is over and I can get a good job in a more gun-friendly state with good healthcare and lots of natural beauty.

Oh, and soadrocker856:

YouLose.gif

Now explain why you want to squelch basic rights in a logical, coherent manner or GTFO.

guns for self defense is bogus, most people who own guns for self defense don't use them rite and bad things happen. personally i think guns should be allowed because of the rights in the constitution. if the reason for owning guns were to be only for self defense then there should be a training course that one must complete to be able to buy a gun.

Archived