Armalite Picture Thread

I'm looking to mod a real VLTOR clubfoot modstock to take a replaceable battery. Could someone with a real VLTOR modstock, or replica (please state the brand, I'm also considering Guarder or King Arms standard modstocks), measure the inner diameter of the battery compartments and center to center distance between the installed battery compartments?

Also, will a real VLTOR modstock fit airsoft buffer tubes okay (specifically the G&P)?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Since I am selling my SPR, i'm hoping to make a new armalite, either the BEST GUN MRP or with a TROY MRF. here's two photos of them which mine will look like:

jet_caeg_mrp16.jpg

81294869-O.jpg

yes the bottom one is from KeyserSOZE. I will probably be using a VLTOR MODSTOCK (Rifle Version). Anybody have any opinions or suggestions on which one to get?

Okay, Since I am selling my SPR, i'm hoping to make a new armalite, either the BEST GUN MRP or with a TROY MRF.  here's two photos of them which mine will look like:

MRP kits are a ripoff if you ask me. I bought one and basically the only parts I'm using are the stock, the upper receiver and the outer barrel. The quality of most of the parts is good, but it doesn't match the price tag in my opinion. They also have a lot of proprietary components which can make certain upgrades a *badgeress* or even an impossibility.

I'd go with the MRF, but it's gonna take some mod work to fit on an airsoft receiver. Also, it will never go on exactly as it should because Marui-based AEGs are not to spec with the real thing. That's why the custom ones you see on these boards have the MRF a little lower than the upper receiver.

I could send you some pictures of my MRP in about a week as my barrel is in someone's machine shop getting chopped down to 10.5" PM me if you have any specific questions about the kit because there aren't too many people who own them.

I'm looking to mod a real VLTOR clubfoot modstock to take a replaceable battery. Could someone with a real VLTOR modstock, or replica (please state the brand, I'm also considering Guarder or King Arms standard modstocks), measure the inner diameter of the battery compartments and center to center distance between the installed battery compartments?

Also, will a real VLTOR modstock fit airsoft buffer tubes okay (specifically the G&P)?

I believe donnie got the Guarder one and he said it was a total piece of *beep* so he decided to go with the UFC M93 stock,haven't heard anything bad about the King Arms.

Mdk, Dont swiss cheese the G&P polycal Piston, It will snap in half.

yesterday, i saw a regular one snapped from the 4th tooth back

The magnum motor should be enough and with the 9.6v you should be getting more than 20 rps if your on a stock spring , your shimming is tight

Ah, you've got the wrong idea there. I'm not going to swiss cheese the G&P piston, I'm going to swiss cheese the stock one, and see what sort of ROF I get with that. I don't think my shimming is tight - I've gone over it and checked it, and double checked it; if anything, the sector gear is a little loose.

Not sure what's brining the ROF down below 20, But it may be due to the fact that AIM M4's come with about an m100 installed; So it's the stock spring for this gun, but not for a TM one :P

I've got a weak-feeling spring here (from a springer, i think), and I'm going to try whacking that in and seeing what kind of ROF it gives me. I'm expecting at least 25 RPS :D

The MRP Kits are NOT good skirmish rifles unless you do some work to them. The stock hopup unit is garbage.

As silent said, most parts have to be replaced on the kit. The nice thing about the mrp upper is the reciever, everything else that you get is next to useless.

Silent, im kind of surprised you're actually keeping the stock. I thought it was a disgusting, flimsy piece of trash. I instantly exchanged it for a G&P LMT crane replica.

I'm BROKE! And it looks good when I photograph it :lol:

Hey Silent, which lower did you end up putting on your MRP? I seem to recall you were going to go with a Zeke Colt lower. How did the match up between a different lower and the MRP upper go? Was there much machining involved. I like my MRP, but I would probably prefer a 10.5" barrel on it. The problem I'm having right now is that when UNCo. installed the kit for me, whatever they did to it made it pretty much impossible to get the hop up out. It's just stuck in there. So if I ever have any problems with the hop up... I'm in deep $#!T. Plus they never sent me the installation manual that went with the kit so I have no idea if I'm doing anything wrong to get that S.O.B. out of there. :(

I started with a Zeke lower, but I smashed it with a hammer while installing a MagPul trigger guard... ooops. Zeke lowers were impossible to find again, so I went with a Guarder lower. (Of course, now DEN has all the Zeke lowers back in stock) The Guarder lower pretty much has the same exact finish as the real deal, so I am happy with it. However, it takes a 1-piece hop-up which takes some moding to work with the MRP. Basically I Dremeled the hop-up down on the sides so that it's pressure fitted in the outer barrel. So far it works, but I would like to get some more rounds through it before telling you it's worth doing.

It was a pain to get the receivers together so there was no gap. It took a lot of Dremeling to line up the hole for the forward take-down pin. I also had to remove a little bit of material from the top of the gearbox. When I mocked the gun up, everything lined up nice, but little issues become big ones once all those parts come into play.

The BestGun hop-up is held in by a set screw: 5kb1.jpg

Or is it the outer barrel assembly you are having issues getting out?

Edited by SilentScope

Dusk, is that gas M16 metal or plastic? Either way, it looks nice. I'm contemplating on getting a GBB rifle in the future, but nothing's decided yet.

Another small contribution to the thread:

oppsideanglegq5.jpg

rearsideangleuf0.jpg

Yea, it's a little front heavy, but it's not too bad.

Edited by Souske
The only plastic on that rifle is the stock, pistolgrip, and the forgrip.

Everything else is metal.

Its totaly worth it. Check out my videos in the video thread here.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. That only makes me want it that much more. :D

Wow, what hopup unit is that Zack? Is it with that gearbox that splits in half? I can't remember what it's called (PGC or something?).