Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper16,

PM me if you want a quick fix to the CA peq blocking the iron sights issue.

Don't be coy, spill the beans. Best I know, with experience of a G&P unit, is to simply remove the centre line PEQ controls.

The flashider cut-out is to accept the centering peg that is mounted inside of the QD suppressor.

KnightsQD.jpg

almost finished my rifle. sorry for poor quality pics.

DSC00029.jpg

used to be a CA M15A4 carbine. ive replaced everything on it over the years and the only remaining parts are the inner barrel and hop unit. which will also be changed.

also needs a new stock and a respray.

DSC000302.jpg

its one heavy-*albatross* gun though. and thats the re-assembled parts of the M15A4 next to it

Hey how easy was it to remove the flash hider? I know on most CA's it is glued on.

Remove a little pin with a hex wrench, and turn the hider right. Not possible to take it off unless you use a wrench, which is why there are those two small flat surfaces on either side of the hider. I tried to take it off by hand...I can still see the mark it left today. And I was wearing gloves.

almost finished my rifle. sorry for poor quality pics.

[imghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/El_Boomo/Airsoft/DSC00029.jpg/img]

*snip*

[imghttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/El_Boomo/Airsoft/DSC000302.jpg/img]

its one heavy-*albatross* gun though. and thats the re-assembled parts of the M15A4 next to it

Nice to know my CASV went to a nice home eventually :)

What?! How do you get any liquid at all between the barrel and a flash hider thats that tight? Please explain how any of those could break down the adhesive between the threads of an attached flash hider. The only way to do it, as he said, is to heat the metal and slightly melt the unexposed glue.

Edited by Render
Im not kidding, all I did was mount it and turned it on, the dot sits exactly ontop of my raised front sight. About 2-3mm above the PEQ.

That may be true, but until you get a rear site on the gun, and co-witness the iron-sights to the dot, you don't know that it's zeroed in.

The reason Souske thinks you're kidding is because of the low mount you have, it'd be imposible for the dot to be correctly sighted in on top of the post. You'll be shooting way low unless your hop-up is turned up to the moon to compensate.