Fog-free eyewear!

Stealthbomber

DSC_0818.jpg

I bought these a few weeks ago for wiping some dead wildlife off the inside of my car windscreen. Since then I've noticed that the part of the windscreen that I wiped has never suffered with fogging at all.

Last weekend I finally (duh!) had the bright idea to try them on my airsoft eye protection.

I've tried them on glasses, goggles and a full-face mask. The results have been nothing short of spectacular. Absolutely "holy sh**! Come and look at this, you guys!" incredible.

Everybody who was playing last Saturday stopped off at Halfords to buy a pack of their own.

I have no idea how long the effect will last but, as I say, it's kept my windscreen from fogging for over a month.

They ARE alcohol-based so you might want to try them on a corner of your glasses first and give the pad a good sniff to see if you're alergic to the smell.

Unless anybody comes up with a good reason why not, these are ALWAYS going in my kit bag from now on. 10/10

Holts Screenies. From Halfords.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The alcohol fumes will likely screw with your eyes too much.

You did grasp that I was wearing eyewear treated with these wipes all day last saturday, right? <_<

Anyway, by all means give the pad a rub on your arm and a sniff but I detected no fumes at all.

I'd be careful with these. If they are anything like Windex or any other glass cleaner they contain chemicals which break down plastics. They will eventually erode your lenses and cause a potentially serious danger.

On the other hand, if they are merely alcohol wipes with no added chemicals then hurray!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k167/_st...er/DSC_0818.jpg

I bought these a few weeks ago for wiping some dead wildlife off the inside of my car windscreen. Since then I've noticed that the part of the windscreen that I wiped has never suffered with fogging at all.

Last weekend I finally (duh!) had the bright idea to try them on my airsoft eye protection.

I've tried them on glasses, goggles and a full-face mask. The results have been nothing short of spectacular. Absolutely "holy sh**! Come and look at this, you guys!" incredible.

Everybody who was playing last Saturday stopped off at Halfords to buy a pack of their own.

I have no idea how long the effect will last but, as I say, it's kept my windscreen from fogging for over a month.

They ARE alcohol-based so you might want to try them on a corner of your glasses first and give the pad a good sniff to see if you're alergic to the smell.

Unless anybody comes up with a good reason why not, these are ALWAYS going in my kit bag from now on. 10/10

Holts Screenies. From Halfords.

You sir are my hero.

I've been looking for something that will stop my windscreen from fogging. Driving home at 4am only being able to see thru a 2" gap at the bottom of my windscreen isnt fun.

Why don't you just buy Fog Tech?

Because he bought them for his car windscreen.

I've been looking for something that will stop my windscreen from fogging. Driving home at 4am only being able to see thru a 2" gap at the bottom of my windscreen isnt fun.

How about just sitting in the car with the engine running and the blowers on full until the windscreen clears? :P

On topic - washing up liquid works a treat, as I found out at Op:MA.

dont bother with wipes, just grab some bog-roll and some fairy liquid (i like the blue as it stinks pretty), put a small blob on the bog roll, wipe it on the visor, then get some more bog-roll and wipe untill its clear (might be a bit smeared but you will see perfectly), cheap and effectve cleanage!

dont bother with wipes, just grab some bog-roll and some fairy liquid (i like the blue as it stinks pretty), put a small blob on the bog roll, wipe it on the visor, then get some more bog-roll and wipe untill its clear (might be a bit smeared but you will see perfectly), cheap and effectve cleanage!

Except that it does smear and the fumes from fairy liquid can be pretty rank.

Also, I guess you've never used it in the rain, right? ;)

These wipes leave absolutely no traces at all. The liquid evaporates and you are left with perfectly clear glasses.

How about just sitting in the car with the engine running and the blowers on full until the windscreen clears? :P

On topic - washing up liquid works a treat, as I found out at Op:MA.

By the time I've dropped my mate off its clear anyway and he only lives round the corner from work.

I found a similar product in Halfords called RainX, designed basically for the same purpose, to stop windscreens fogging up. Work perfectly on goggles, you know it does when you can see sweat dripping down them and they are fog free.

Good find:)

Isnt that designed to go on the outside to help clear rain? My driving instructor used to have something similar on his windscreen.

Doesnt smear that much as long as you wipe enough after, have used it in the rain and it doesnt matter, rain doesnt get on the inside of my goggles, good method depending on what goggles you use, mainly intended for the softer who doesnt have the time and grabs the first thing that could be used...bleach on the other hand i have not tried yet... :D

I found a similar product in Halfords called RainX, designed basically for the same purpose, to stop windscreens fogging up. ...

Isnt that designed to go on the outside to help clear rain? My driving instructor used to have something similar on his windscreen.

Yes it is, but as it works by making water/water vapour maintain it's droplet form, it'll work for fogging too, making the microscopic vapour droplets 'bunch' together into bigger ones, instead of just condensing into a vision-obscuring layer on your lenses.

+1 to you stealthbomber, the most useful tips/tricks are often the most simple...

Damn, never thought of using these as anti fog back when I had a pack. Then again they didnt last long as the sticky tab stayed open and they dried out :rolleyes:

Might have to try again, being they were only a couple of quid if my memory serves me correctly. Cheaper than anti off the shelf dedicated antifog :)

Archived