AK & Variants Picture Thread

One of the first akm released. stripped of its paint and blued.

Stock removed and converted to side folding stock.

I chose the "mad max" heat cover to get the afghanistan gunsmith feeling.

It is ment for my taliban loadout.

more pictures to come, as soon as I get the inokatsu bolt.

1-7.jpg

2-6.jpg

*fruitcage* love it!! long time since a saw a good looking ak :D

That upper vented handguard looks great on it, i thought of it on my AIMS but i never decided if it would look good or not, but it looks great! Not gonna copy you tho ;)

You gotto tell how much money you spent on this :D

sen måste du fan komma ner till US med den så jag får tafsa o sen kicka *albatross* AIMS style ihopp ;)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

docv, your mate has probably the best looking SVD conversion ive seen in a while. just try to mod some mags to look more like 7.62x54 mags and if youre feeling ambitious you could try to make an SVD style curvy selector. you need the birdcage flash hider too, theyre not too hard to get either.

oh and good choice with the scope, i forget the name of it but somehow it really seems to hide the AK-ness of it and complete the SVD illusion.

and skandarn, thats the only AIMS ive seen that i like. i tend to hate theforegrip and coathanger stock, but yours pulls it off well. its a shame really, i think a normal AKMS would look nicer but im not sure if the vented handguard would suit it

docv, your mate has probably the best looking SVD conversion ive seen in a while...

It's his pride and joy, I have my suspicions that he takes it to bed with him :wub:

...Still a nice dragunov you've built. Great work.

Thanks guys, I'll let him know you approve :P

+1, where on earth did you get that vented metal upper?

I think its a Real steel one...

damn its so tempting not to copy... must..resist... ahh so hard... XD

ill maybe get one for my AKM :P i saw inokatsu also had the same vented upper hanguard on their poster on "bad boy AK47" some time ago, back then i thought id maybe get one for my aims but i thought it might not look so good but damn i was wrong its pure hotness! :D

Grim your gear is way too clean to be Taliban gear, and your chicom, holy *beep* i've never seen one so clean! Then again being its Inokatsu gear i wouldn't dirty it at all, now when the unicorn kits then your see some dirty AKs :D

Edit: Put :D in

Edited by Fin

Hehe yeah i know but the rig is brand new just got it and havent got time to drag it in mud/dust yet but will do when i get the complete gear ;)

Ill never drag my aks in the mud tho :P but they got pretty nice used finish now altho you cant se it in the lightning in that pic XD

Then again being its Inokatsu gear i wouldn't dirty it at all, now when the unicorn kits then your see some dirty AKs :D

ha, i'd be scared to weather my VFC, let alone a gun as rare as that! plus i kinda like the clean, new look on AKs, i think quite a few weathering jobs i've seen go over the top.

The new look just looks weird on a AK IMO, but i agree its few that have a good weathering look, i think mine is ok, if you look on the pics i took outside on the balcony with my aks some pages back you can see pretty much that its moore a grey tone than shiny new black wich i like on a AK.

Natural wear on 74s is ok, but really worn looks ######, especially if its artificial. My plum 74 is starting to look worn, even though its only gone through 4 skirmishes (only 1 with the plum furniture but it came with a little wear that matched my aks). It has scratches and a little rust as well as the dirt that i cant clean easily enouth and i'm loving the look of it :)

When i get the unicorn clone romanian AIMS kit im gunna wear it artificuialy but not with wire wool or anything like that. Im attaching it to the back of my car and taking it for a trip ;) and maybe burying it or playing catch with it, something to that extenct