56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I get?

• Microsft Zune
    • Apple Ipod
    • Other (describe in thread)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there any good MP3 players for around $100-ish? Anything over that is just rediculous for a small music player.

well you could look at its this way, based on what I've heard you say in the anime forums, a big MP3 player can double as a back up drive for you.

also i got my Zen, but get this, dell screwed up and sent me 2 ahahhahah!!!! :D:P

Are there any good MP3 players for around $100-ish? Anything over that is just rediculous for a small music player.

I used to have a rio nitrus a few years ago. It's a 1.5gb player that's only about 3"x2" and is pretty thin too. Mine was $80 new off ebay, and lasted me 2 years until it fell in a bucket of paint (long story).

well you could look at its this way, based on what I've heard you say in the anime forums, a big MP3 player can double as a back up drive for you.

also i got my Zen, but get this, dell screwed up and sent me 2 ahahhahah!!!! :D  :P

Which model is it? I might get it off you (for a price I know).

I'm thinking about getting the Zen Vision: W. It looks really sweet. I love the features and for the price the Ipods USED to be. I think its worth it.

Anyone seen a Zen W yet in person? like it? hate it?

I've been thinking about getting an Archos AV700. The screen is huge! I just wish these PMP's supported more codecs or had allowed the user to install them. As soon as such a PMP is released, it shall be in my hands... after about 3 years of release so the price will go down to something reasonable.

Got a question about the Zune, does it have the drag-and-drop feature or do you have you use a special program to upload music to it?

I was thinking about getting one because my tiny MP3 player is about to go tits up (3/4 of the screen doesn't work and it shuts down every 30 songs or so) but I can't stand useing there stupid programs just to upload music.

Which model is it? I might get it off you (for a price I know).

I'm thinking about getting the Zen Vision: W. It looks really sweet. I love the features and for the price the Ipods USED to be. I think its worth it.

Anyone seen a Zen W yet in person? like it? hate it?

First day wuth the Zen. I must say, it complelty shats on hte Ipod's screen. It is so sharp, and only my PSP screen rivals it. Its kinda cheesy, as creative doesn't bundle an AC adaptor, so I have to charge it via USB. More to come.

oh, and as for my extra Zen, sorry its not for sale, I gave it to my pops for his Bday....

Agreed, the screen on my vision:M is amazing. There's a plasma tv in my basement, and i can honestly say the resolution on my MP3's screen is better. Not just that, but i haven't found one file or source yet that won't play perfectly on it (except on AVI the video part doesn't play), as compared to the ipod with which my sister's will only play itunes or CD's.

before i got my ipod i was pretty hesitant because i did not want to feed into the fad of the "ipod buyers". plus i felt that it was overpriced. after doing research though, i found out that it was the best i could get for the money. so i got it, and i have not regreted it since.

I can give you a very good hands on reivew of the one before it, the Vision: W. My friend has it, and it's a brick! Not very pocket friendly, and the bigger W is bound to be worse. It's hard to go from artist to artist if you have alot of music, since there is no wheel/scroll deivce. Only a little 4 way arrow thing, but you can use the letters of the alphabet to jump around. Replacable battery is nice, since you can get 2 and be set. Screen has good color, and the speaker on it is a joke. I wouldnt go for it.

Yes, well many of us have had ours fail and such, and I for one want to try an alternative.

Has anyone handled the Zen vision: W yet? Know anything?

It looks amazing, plays Xvid and Dvix, and all the MPEG formats, along with a bunch more.

the Zen W and M are two complelty different players, one is PVP, and the other is more MP3 based.

It isn't by chance a creative 'Jukebox' is it? If so I am in the same situation.

I have had it for a good 4 years, all the button markings have worn off from so much use. I used it every day for 3 years its been dropped down stairs, on concrete, in puddles short of being hit with a hammer its taken everything. And it still works, not a damn thing wrong with it. PLUS the battery still holds 10 hours of playing power from a 3 hour charge (Originally 15 hours of power per charge).

Creative do make very solid user friendly products.

Indeed it is. And the battery life is silly good. Charge it up over night and that will last me a good 15 hours.

I looked into the Archos 404 (because a couple of friends elsewhere said to...) and I'm not impressed to be honest.

16million colors versus the 200+ million (if I'm correct, to hurried to look up)

3.5" screen versus the 4.5" on the Zen W.

So anyone else know about the Zen W? I'm really interested in it, but so far it has only gotten reviewed as a brick because its kind of like another model. I would like a more through response please.

~P

Archived