Child shot dead

nuclear_darkness

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=1366240

Doesnt look like this has been posted already, but i was amazed at this. The child was chased down and shot!

A 14-year-old boy who was throwing eggs at cars along with two other teenagers was shot and killed by someone who had been in vehicle that was hit, police said.

Danny Crawford was killed by a gunshot wound to his upper body, coroner Brad Lewis said.

He died in an alley on the west side of Columbus, the state capital, authorities said.

The teens were throwing eggs at cars when an SUV that was struck chased them, Detective Tim Huston said.

The vehicle stopped and several gunshots were fired.

Police were looking for the shooter, who fled in the SUV, Sgt. Dana Norman said.

The SUV believed to be involved was found a short time later near where Crawford died.

The other teenagers were not hurt, police said.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wtf.

i bet those parents are glad of Amercan citizens right to bear (sp?) arms.

when that happens in the uk, which it has to me many times in my younger days, you got shouted at and made to clean the egg up by the car/house/dog owner, then got a slap off your mum, no tea, no pocket money and straight to bed.

now kids get shot for it ?? :blink:

wtf.

when that happens in the uk, which it has to me many times in my younger days, you got shouted at and made to clean the egg up by the car/house/dog owner, then got a slap off your mum, no tea, no pocket money and straight to bed.

now kids get shot for it ?? :blink:

As much of a tragedy this is, I support Americans rights to bear arms 100 percent. I don't think that comment was needed.

We don't know the details if the person who shot the kid was a law abiding gun owner or a criminal/drug dealer, just that it was a SUV which sped off. Sucks for the kids family, he shouldn't have been throwing eggs but surely didn't deserve to get shot either.

"Ware, a convicted felon with a history of drug, alcohol and gun charges, is being held without bond in the Marion County Jail." (CNN.com)

So much for having anything to do with law-abiding citizens having firearms.

-Sale

As much of a tragedy this is, I support Americans rights to bear arms 100 percent. I don't think that comment was needed.

We don't know the details if the person who shot the kid was a law abiding gun owner or a criminal/drug dealer, just that it was a SUV which sped off. Sucks for the kids family, he shouldn't have been throwing eggs but surely didn't deserve to get shot either.

I think his comment was needed, as it was a fair point. If you had just lost your child because someone had over reacted to the point of killing them for something relatively harmless,* would you be happy about that person's right to bear arms? Also, speeding away from the scene of a pretty serious crime is hardy law abiding.

*relatively harmless as it hadn't killed or injured the driver. I know that could have happened, but it didn't, therefore I'd say that's relatively harmless.

I think his comment was needed, as it was a fair point. If you had just lost your child because someone had over reacted to the point of killing them for something relatively harmless,* would you be happy about that person's right to bear arms? Also, speeding away from the scene of a pretty serious crime is hardy law abiding.

*relatively harmless as it hadn't killed or injured the driver. I know that could have happened, but it didn't, therefore I'd say that's relatively harmless.

Actually I've lost a family member who owned guns and I've come to realize it's not the tool to blame. Had someone killed a family member of mine who owned a flashlight, I would blame the person who did it, not the flashlight. Everyone has the right to bear arms, it's when they screw up that they forfeit those rights. The guy was a convicted felon as someone listed.

Archived