coolurjets

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video is for the new Toptech models, the Combat Machines will just have a microswitch trigger. Although if the new price doesn't chance much it will be the best budget range of M4s on the market. The CM range already has nice fps consistency, decent range and accuracy OTB. Hopefully they have ditched the weak motor for something better.

So aside from incorrect dimensions or whatever, what is wrong with ARES? 

A lot is wrong depending on the person.

I only look at facts, and the fact is, ARES globally sells like hot cakes.

Everything else is personal hurt feelings.

Business is not charity, it is reality.

I know that RC will be for the rest of his life at them, can't blame him either.

Still, when you read the news, that people die when overworking in a factory, you tend to put everything in a larger perspective.

Yes there are and a great many of them are covered by these internet forums and the like we all use where people post their guns up.  As I said, rarely see people showing off their ARES guns, that's why I queried the proposition.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying I see no evidence.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I have come across three that I know of in 8 years of playing.

One was a hand me down from the STAR M249s and it never worked. The other two were Tavors, one of which had inconsistent FPS readings and the other worked fine.

So of the 3 in about 3000 guns I have seen at sites, one didn't work at all, one was inconsitent and one worked fine, not great in my opinion.

'FireKnife'

I once owned a STAR M249 it was great, while it worked.. eventually took it back to the shop and exchanged it for a CA scar.  I swore to never get another ares gun again, then they released the HB and I was tempted, I thought a sod it I can change the internals if needs be but shhh I dont want to say it too loud for fear of getting home and finding the internals leaking out of the barrel as they've turned into melted cheese but so far it seems to be working pretty well and I leant it out for a day as one of my friends had a small crane stock fire and he loved using it! 

Like I said, perspective. There are more markets than just the UK.

I've played across three continents with people from all over the world. Now, although I haven't played with everyone in the world, I don't think I have ever met anyone that thinks highly of them. Certainly no one that would buy another that I am aware of.

Do they sell like hot cakes?  Honest question, I'd like to see the stats.  Only ask as I see very, very few ARES guns at games and posted online compared to other brands.

There are two bakeries on the same industrial estate as my workshop alone and I can safely say nothing in the airsoft market actually sells like hotcakes.

I reckon a pretty good indicator of what sells like hotcakes in airsoft terms though would be to look at what retailers are stocking, restocking and expanding their range of since retailers don't tend to continue stocking poor selling products, G&G seem to fare far better by that measure than ARES from my observations over the years.

Archived