Blammo Kill Marker

aznriptide859

Crosman at IWA 2009 announced that they would be teaming up with Grudge Tactical in bringing a new type of ammunition to the field. The new BB's are called "Blammo Kill-Markers" and act as paintball BB's, but are (I'm guessing) similar to chalk rounds fired from real steel guns. Of course this makes it VERY easy to see if someone has been hit, making the hit system a lot more obvious than just regular BB's. Of course this stuff is bio-friendly and very easy to wipe/wash off, which makes it a breeze to clean your gear.

Website's been up for a while for Grudge, but I'm guessing Crosman wants it OUT there so more people will start using them.

http://www.grudgetactical.com/home.html

If this has been posted, mods can go ahead and move. It just seems like a bright future for airsoft :D

Let's hope that they're quality is high enough to prevent that :D

Surely a higher quality for something designed to break is that they do break. Therefore being more likely to break internally?

And also if they were stronger to avoid internal breakage then surely they would fail to break on impact more often, therefore failing the initial requirements?

Sorry too much Uni revision, its gone to my head!

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: Spelling and Grammer

They're mentioned in this thread also http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...3&hl=Blammo there's good info in it too rather than wild supposition, these are powder coated balls, not chalk balls.

From a quick google of Blammo Kill-Marker

The Blammo Kill-Marker is a solid core BB with a thin coating of intensly colored pigment on the surface. On top of that is a layer of dry lubricant. During handling the layers stay firmly stuck to the BB, but on impact the coating transfers to the target surface.

Also, this is just another way of telling the people you're playing with you don't trust them to take their hits. Just my 2 pence worth.

The test video was really close range. I'm curious as to how well they work at longer ranges. If they only work at short distances, then I don't see them being all that useful since I can't imagine someone not calling a hit after getting lit up from so close.

There is a few videos of these on youtube, personally i have no use for them as my local site has no problems with cheaters. However if you could make something like this that would make the bbs blow up into small clouds of chalk dust it would make a nice effect to the game if nothing else ;)

I enjoy the moral high ground we have over paintball in that we dont need this type of ammo.

That and i would have to refuse to play with anyone using them because cleanable or not i don't want expensive gear shot with that ######.

I received a trail bag of approx 1000 rounds direct from the manufacturer when the product was finalized.

After testing I have determined that these do not work. The test consisted of me firing at a mannequin wearing a black t-shirt at distances ranging from 5-10 feet(way closer than anything that would happen in airsoft hopefully) At these ranges the rounds left little to no marks at all on the shirt, and i highly doubt there would be any marks at greater ranges.

the only upside I noticed is that the BBs did not leave any marking in the barrel either.

When I first started playing airsoft. My team and I would play at a local paintball place here in Southern California that was airsoft friendly. What I noticed about that the paintball players would use the very game disruptive "Paint Check" call. We would hear someone yell that out from the neighboring fields and watch their game come to a halt while a referee would check the player called out for cheating to see if he had any paint on them. Imagine at an airsoft event (especially in a milsim event) where disgruntled players would yell "Chalk check" every time they felt they hit someone. The constant stop and go would be annoying to players not involved with the check. There will always be cheaters. Going back to my example of the paintball field my team and I used to frequent, we would see paintball players wiping off paint during games. I agree with the people here who want to keep it totally an honor system.

Yeah, I have to agree with you folks. These can damage AEG internals and potentially injure mesh goggle users. Furthermore their PR piece on airsoft-news.eu makes it sound like our honor system is a hindrance to airsoft becoming a "sport" rather then a hobby. I take offense to that. Our honor system is something that should be praised and nurtured not derided by some tool that wants to sell expensive ammo.

Having worked with paintball operators and being part of RHP I've seen how some of the economics work out. Paintball fields make a huge chunk of their profits off of paint. This looks like an idea that would serve as airsofts profits boon the same way paint is to paintball game operators. As a game operator I can sympathize with the idea of finding methods of generating more revenue, but at the expense of our honor system, quality bbs, and customer satisfaction; at the end of the day its just not worth it.

And as an aside; I really don't want to wash that *suitcase* out of my webbing. Yeah it'll wipe off fabrics (so much for their vaunted marking system) but I don't want to have to take to laundering my Wasatch after every game.

just my .02$

If these are of good quality and weight, and they're priced right, then heck, why not?

But I don't really see all of those things happening, at best they might be good, but expensive, at worst they'll go to bits inside the chamber.

And I somehow doubt that a projectile the size of a BB can leave enough powder (or whatever) to visibly mark a hit, unless you play in those lame paintball-jerseys, but I guess that's the crowd they're going for...

I don't see how mesh masks are a valid argument though, those things have been proved dangerous with many other types of BB's too, and they're banned here for a reason.

I can't see how this would help in any way. Since the game is based on the honor system and most people avoid playing with a cheater when they know the person is a cheater, there isn't any need. The only other use could be to indicate to players who didn't feel their hit that they were indeed hit, but nobody would ever notice that little mark, especially if they got hit where they couldn't see and didn't feel. So that idea doesn't work either. Plus a major reason many airsofters play airsoft instead of paintball is to avoid the messy colorful stuff in the first place. In paintball hits that bounce without breaking are not normally counted, hence soft armor and flexible rubber on masks, so the paint being a way of dealing with dishonesty is a bit off, paint is just part of the game. I think these will only sell very weakly at Sports Authority and the like, you won't see these bbs much, if at all.

While I accept these are not going to "break" inside a gun and damage an AEG (we did all read the whole thread... right? ;) ) I have no desire to use such a BB in my guns.

I would rather a more dynamic and fast paced action game where players can honestly say they did not feel or hear a long range hit and continue playing than constand pauses for "chalk check"

Marshals are there to call out players who have been hit or are not taking their hits on purpose.

We do not need this, may as well start using IR/Laser devices like the military use in which case.

Would not add anything to the game in my opinion. Other than added cost.

i dont think they expect to sell these BBs to the normal scrimmagers. i think they expect to sell them to the event manager that wants a better way of detecting a hit.

the reason these came around is because it allows real sporting events involving airsoft scrimmages to happen. the main argument against airsoft becoming a sport where professionals can compete for cash is that the honor system can't be trusted. thus we see weird systems like the hit detection gear in development over in japan and these things.

now, im just speaking out of a positive standpoint. i have no faith in these BBs being any good.

i dont think they expect to sell these BBs to the normal scrimmagers. i think they expect to sell them to the event manager that wants a better way of detecting a hit.

the reason these came around is because it allows real sporting events involving airsoft scrimmages to happen. the main argument against airsoft becoming a sport where professionals can compete for cash is that the honor system can't be trusted. thus we see weird systems like the hit detection gear in development over in japan and these things.

now, im just speaking out of a positive standpoint. i have no faith in these BBs being any good.

Their are currently several leagues in the US and Great Britian if you want to play airsoft professionally. The US Army, Marines, Royal Marines, and British Army. ;)

Events like practical shooting competitions already exist for airsoft in aisa and are starting up here in the US. For that you don't need marking bbs. RHP is planning one; if we can find a facility.

For force on force you either have to have the players going up against a static force, or have a marshal out there for each player. At the CQB Challenge we have staff members playing the rolls of "bad guys" in our kill houses so their is no sense in impropriety. They're neutral adjudicators we trust to call their hits. At Paintball tournaments their is an official following each player because they wipe the paint don't call their hits. If that's how you want to play airsoft you don't need a marking bb for that either, you just need a whole lot of marshals.

Until our ammo can be justified as costing $100 a bag like paintball, you won't see force on force leagues. You can play "speedball" with airsoft, its just most airsofters don't want to. You don't need these bbs for that if you did.

Archived