Magpul PTS AK Magazines

TheFull9

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why the base plate isn't made out of the same clear/smoke polymer. Is the real one made like this? And the lack of fake rounds is to help you see the available round count inside just like the King Arms L5 midcaps... you might have me to blame for that ( :mellow: ) as I spent a considerable amount of time impressing on them how much I liked that feature in my L5 mags.

anyone who defiles an AK with MagPul should be dragged out and shot... seriously.

...Even if I do kinda like the mags

Well said that man.

But you had to go spoil it at the end didnt ya.

Sorry AK's should not be Magpulled in any way shape or form.

Its an afront to all that is right and proper.

Nige

Here is to hoping this fit more tidily in m4 mag pouches

Dont hold yer breath.

They're still the same length, the same curve and the same overall width, so fair bet it wont. If anything i can see the ribbed waffle-type being even more irritating holding multiple in a single pouch than the smooth-sided standard AK-74 mags.

Dont worry chaps

I cant imagine why its so terrible to make an AK even more reliable with the best magazine on the market....in RS that is.

The AK's have done just fine so far with their own mags. If it aint broke dont change it

Wont be long till we see these chortlin' around the place

albums-mm118-magpuldynamics08-img-2190.jpg

I think i'm going to go dig up a Soviet flag and hide under it..

I cant imagine why its so terrible to make an AK even more reliable with the best magazine on the market....in RS that is.

And, I suppose they also had to release these to work with the 7.62 version of the ACR.

Eh? Wouldnt the ACR be 7.62 NATO? And thus use a completely different round than the AK.

How is this better then a normal waffle mag?

It's probably just as good as any Beta AK mag.

Being translucent and taking ranger plates is just different...

And being a new product is just news, whether better, worse or neither.

I'd prefer if Magpul made a mag that looks more Magpul... like with PMag style ribs instead. Make it look less like every other AK mag... or something.

5.56x45mm. So it'll fit in your AR pouches better. Does mean you've got a civi AK though, as there are no military rifles that use this chambering to my knowledge.

Of course there are. AK-101 and 102 as well as the Polish Beryl. Having 5.56mm mags is nice, actually. Don't know if I'll be buying any myself but I like that they're out there.

How is this better then a normal waffle mag?

In RS? Magpuls polymer is far superior, and well pretty dang hard to break.

In airsoft...well if its anything like the Ar PTS mids, it will feed amazing.

Also, you ak lovers need to get the f**k over yourselves.... the 47 is outdated...give me a 74 and above any day.

now now coming from *generic Americanski assault rifle* fanboys its really hypocritical to tell people to get over a gun. As a 74 mag its nice to have something original even if it is a magpul abomination.

And in RS the AK mags are dang near impossible to break, hence why they haven't changed hardly in 63 years.

Archived