• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Airforce ever issue a Garrison Cover, I am throwing a loadout from the early 80's in tribute of my dad, I never was a fan of the barets he wore.

He was a MP.

Security Police you mean?

As far as a Garrison Cover, if you mean a flight cap, I think they were only issued for use with a dress uniform. A work uniform (BDUs if mid 80's or ODs if early 80's) would be used either with a helmet or a patrol cap (or whatever they were called back then).

Basically, if you don't want to wear a beret, go with either a patrol cap or helmet. They wouldn't be wearing a flight (garrison) cap with a work uniform.

His badge on his uniforms says Military Police, not Security Police. I honestly don't know much about what he did in the Airforce, he retired when I was still really young. His Uniform is the standard M81 Woodland.

You sure he did that in the Air Force? Because they were Security Police from '67 to '97, and Security Forces since then.

Anyway, he'd be wearing a beret or helmet. The berets replace other soft covers (either patrol or flight caps). So if you don't want to rock a beret (if you do, get one without the flash), I'd pick yourself up a PASGT.

CCT (unconfirmed) -

Pic removed, don't need to quote it its only just up there ^

I'm most likely wrong but I thought I'd heard only SEALS have AOR1/NWU II issued to them? Would a CCT deployed with a SEAL team get access to their stuff and be allowed to wear it?

I can't remember seeing any other pics of CCTs in AOR hence the query!

heres a spanner in the works, PJ in aor1

23rdSTSassignedPJinHaiti03.jpg

A pararescueman removes a lock from an access point as members of the Fairfax County Urban Search and Rescue observe during recovery operations Jan. 17, 2010, Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The pararescueman is assigned to the 23rd Special Tactics Squadron at Hurlburt Field, Fla. Department of Defense assets have been dispatched to Haiti to assist with humanitarian assistance and disaster relief after a magnitude 7 earthquake hit the country Jan. 12, 2010. (U.S. Air Force photo/Tech. Sgt. James L. Harper Jr.)
Also, the unconfirmed CCT seems to have his HK416 set-up just like in recent SEAL pictures.

IIRC the pic surfaced alongside a load of similar lookin' SEAL pics (plus there's a HH-60 in the background, not 100% convincing I know but...) so there was talk of SEAL or CCT.

And to keep things ticking along... my WIP PJ pack (with Foxtrot litter attached):

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02391.jpg

Ok, so my community is having it's first impression based MilSim game, and I'm going to be playing the part of a CCT, so I'd like to get my impression down. This is currently what I'm planning;

DBT FAPC (Coyote Brown)

- EI magazine shingle (CB)

- EI single magazine pouch (CB)

- EI MBITR pouch (CB)

- EI Admin pouch (CB)

- TT small accessory pouch (CB)

EI War belt with suspenders (CB)

- EI 1 litre canteen pouch (CB)

- EI 200 round SAW pouch (CB)

- EI signal pouch (CB)

Would this work?

Ok, so my community is having it's first impression based MilSim game, and I'm going to be playing the part of a CCT, so I'd like to get my impression down. This is currently what I'm planning;

DBT FAPC (Coyote Brown)

- EI magazine shingle (CB)

- EI single magazine pouch (CB)

- EI MBITR pouch (CB)

- EI Admin pouch (CB)

- TT small accessory pouch (CB)

EI War belt with suspenders (CB)

- EI 1 litre canteen pouch (CB)

- EI 200 round SAW pouch (CB)

- EI signal pouch (CB)

Would this work?

Personally I'd steer clear of uniform CB kit in general and tend towards either MC or MJK/tan/khaki.

The FAPC is a good, although unusual base (got any reference pics, as I can't think of any off the top of my head?), and I'd maybe go with either a Paraclete or TT MBITR pouch. My PJ rig, and my team mate's CCT rig for that matter as well, both consist of pouches from different manufacturers i.e. Eagle, BHI, TT, and Paraclete. It stops it looking uniform, and 'issue'. Possibly try and grab one of the new Harris -152 radio shells (the shell features the GPS module, so very accurate for CCT) as well, although -148s are in use as well.

An admin panel is a good call, remember that the CCT is there primarily as a force multipler - their job is to provide the ground commander with aerial assets as and when required - so notebook, pen, pencil, compass/GPS and some form of optics are essential! Something to mark the target with as well, i.e. PEQ-15, strobe, IR chemlights or VS-17 etc., is also essential. A pack is also a necessary addition, something that would be big enough to fit a -117 type radio (for reference); a 3-dayer or a large CamelBak for example.

Hope that helps.

atomicaardvark: what pack is that ?

PMK CSAR Ruck - took me a few hours googling back and forth to finally track it down.

Personally I'd steer clear of uniform CB kit in general and tend towards either MC or MJK/tan/khaki.

The FAPC is a good, although unusual base (got any reference pics, as I can't think of any off the top of my head?), and I'd maybe go with either a Paraclete or TT MBITR pouch. My PJ rig, and my team mate's CCT rig for that matter as well, both consist of pouches from different manufacturers i.e. Eagle, BHI, TT, and Paraclete. It stops it looking uniform, and 'issue'. Possibly try and grab one of the new Harris -152 radio shells (the shell features the GPS module, so very accurate for CCT) as well, although -148s are in use as well.

An admin panel is a good call, remember that the CCT is there primarily as a force multipler - their job is to provide the ground commander with aerial assets as and when required - so notebook, pen, pencil, compass/GPS and some form of optics are essential! Something to mark the target with as well, i.e. PEQ-15, strobe, IR chemlights or VS-17 etc., is also essential. A pack is also a necessary addition, something that would be big enough to fit a -117 type radio (for reference); a 3-dayer or a large CamelBak for example.

Hope that helps.

It does quite a bit, thanks!

And my reference pic for the FAPC is this. I've been told these guys are CCTs, and guy in the back (and possibly in the middle) have been ID'd as wearing FAPCs.