• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've got a source on a Paraclete HPC, but I don't know if it will fit me. Would a small HPC fit a guy that's 6'2" and 190 pounds?

Not a chance in hell will that fit you. I am 69" and 75kgs and I wear a medium long HPC.

Also all this talk of bump helmets... I have three... One of which could be for sale given the right price. It's black non-ballistic but the real deal bump helmet.

The issue with FAST Base Jumps or FAST Carbons is not that they are rare or that non-mil/leo/gov personelle can't get them (heck anyone in the US can order direct from Ops-Core). It's that they are stupid expensive. However; given the right price I would pay for one but the right price would depend greatly on condition and it would have to be near the price of the Base Jumps, too much more and I'd just order one of them.

The issue with FAST Base Jumps or FAST Carbons is not that they are rare or that non-mil/leo/gov personelle can't get them (heck anyone in the US can order direct from Ops-Core). It's that they are stupid expensive. However; given the right price I would pay for one but the right price would depend greatly on condition and it would have to be near the price of the Base Jumps, too much more and I'd just order one of them.

Actually thats not the problem - Ops-Core cant keep any of their helmets in stock.

They seem to have pretty good stock right now on all their helmets, and you can always head to someplace like TNVC if you need it now for the carbons and base jumps. Yes I do understand they are in demand, and sometimes they can't keep up with that demand, but whenever I have been a half click away from buying one or called to see if they were available they have always been in stock (about the past year and a half) but that could just be my luck. Otherwise I think most of the non-Mil/LEO/Gov people willing to drop the dough on an ops-core helmet can probably afford to wait.

Edited by frogfish

Good to know but TNVC is not the only place that carries them and some of them are not out of stock.

The point still remains most of the people on here any other airsoft forums, and probably most of the other gun forums who are buying FAST Jumps or carbons are buying them because they are gucci, not becuse their life depends on them, and they can afford to wait for the next batch, it's not like they aren't going to make anymore.

For them availability isn't so big of an issue, unless they are impatient.

Edited by frogfish

Some of us use our airsoft gear for other things. Me at the range and I think Binary is actually Mil/LEO guy. That and it just looks freaking sweet.

Were not really bumping heads just kinda disagreeing on what keeps them out of everyones hands.

We are both right though, the availability can be bad, and they are just plain expensive.

Edited by frogfish

Where else can you get them? They are the only place I have seen them...would love to be able to get one now instead of waiting. To clarify, I am talking about the base jump not the bump - the base jumps price once you add it all up is actually very very good.

I am not mil/LEO - if I ever gave off that impression it was not my intention. I know a lot about gear as it's my job, but have never gone into harms way with it.

best way to get ops core stuff is to call ops core directly, i am mil but its not like they make a special order, when a batch is completed that certian pattern/size/make is availible. i called and ordered a base jump and it shipped the same day, my choices were black or tan, im sure they already have more patterns up. just depends on your timing

the base jumps price once you add it all up is actually very very good.

They are when you think in terms of the prices of real gear. VAS + ARC+OCC-dial can easily total more than $300, heck ARC rail and OCC-dial are worth it alone as it's only $20 more for the helmet. They still are very expensive when you can get ballistic protection for the same price used or new but without the nifty add-ons. However; for the average airsofter, they are ridiculously priced, the same could go for agency use as anything other than a NOD platform they just don't offer that much protection from impact force compared to cheaper options like the a-alpha. They do however look better than anything else out there, and they should be very comfortable.

I am not mil/LEO - if I ever gave off that impression it was not my intention. I know a lot about gear as it's my job, but have never gone into harms way with it.

Sorry, you know your gear very well. I was always under the impression there was a reason other than hobby.

So, managed to get a LBT 6094A, so this is my current plan;

- LBT 6094a (Coyote Brown)

- Tactical Tailor triple magazine shingle (Multicam)

- EI 100 round SAW pouch (Coyote Brown)

- EI 1 litre Canteen pouch (Khaki or Coyote Brown)

- Accessory pouch (Coyote Brown, either TT or EI)

- EI MBITR pouch (Coyote Brown)

- TT double magazine pouch (Coyote Brown)

Thoughts?

Mix it up a little bit more. :lol:

Sounds good.

See that's the issue I'm running in to; almost everyone is telling me to "mix it up" more, but from all the pictures of CCTs I've seen, and the ones that I know and have talked to, they no longer have a mix match of gear on their carriers. It seems that they're now issued the SFLCS kit, or something similar, so most of their pouches are the same color and same brand.

Always seen Coyote Tan (so more likely Khaki) 6094a and khaki pouches, not Coyote Brown.

Also for the kit list, CCT are using two MBITR radios the most part of the time, usually one 148 plus one 152, and put them in the cummerbund internal radio mesh pouch on 6094 instead of a MBITR pouch (the 152 will not fit in the EI MBITR pouch).

Actually yes some guys have SFLSC pouches, in Special Tactics Training Squadron it looks like everybody is using the kit.

Edited by matfar
  • 2 weeks later...

have desided to start a PJ load out so question to the experianced is , are the Ebairsoft 6094"s (http://www.ebairsoft.com/cordura-6094-style-plate-carrier-khaki-p-3569.html) eny good ? much as i would love to spend the money on a genuine LB or optactical or the like i can"t legitimize spend that much money so i was hoping that this one is ok .

cheers druid .

I've seen the TMC 6094 next to the Flyye version and there really wasn't a lot between them - the recent TMC stuff is a huge step forward from the old EBB cack (same people / different factory & materials) they used to churn out and they even use real Multicam Cordura these days. If TMC made the 6094 in Multicam, I'd seriously consider getting one at that price... The colour of the TMC 6094 in khaki was slightly off compared to the Flyye, but for a shade over 60 bucks, it's going to do you for an impression & skirmishing if you don't want to stump up the coin for Flyye or Pantac.