Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Proud Meusoc grips. They do fit (picture in the 1911 pictures thread) but you need to drill the holes out and if you want the screws to sit flush then you need to recess them from the top a little more.

This is the same for WA Marsoc grips if anyone is interested :D

Sooo... what are you trying to say? :o

[/Cable Guy]

that there was a 'subtle' difference.. that I could not quite put my finger on it.

:D;)

And in all seriousness. I think that the DE is marginally more accurate than the 1911 purely because of less lateral and vertical movement in the barrel, just that it (the DE) can be far less 'mobile' purely because of the bulk of the grip/frame of it. The lack of point-a-bility and greater bulk can make the DE seem less accurate though, IMO.

The DE is a hand-held sniper-canon.

Hi all

Right I have just got my TM1911 with PGC Delta frame put together, it works great with the nineball recoil rod and original outer barrel. But when I fit my SD chamber and outer barrel the slide recoils back ok but doesnt go all the way back to the start. It sits about 3 mm off where it should slide forward to, stopping the pistol from firing a second time.

I cant see why its causing the problem. This also happens when I fit the outer barrel supplied with the PGC frame. Can anyone shed any light on this? I really want to use the SD one as its silver and is threaded for a silencer

Many thanks

Hi guys, you all seem like pros on what to get for the TM 1911, so could you tell me (I am buying one soon) what kits you would reccomend and are they hard to get one, I want something a bit different, like some kind of metal slide and some different grips. Could someone give me any reccommendations.

yeah Dave I did, that all seems fine to be honest. I may need to get an experts eye to look over it as its my first mod to a airsoft weapon. So I may be missing something simple!

With these latest generation of PGC kits, the leg of the chamber often needs to have material removed from the bottom of it, otherwise it exhibits the behavior you mentioned (giving away secrets here). You should also bevel the chamber locks inside the slide so it doesn't bind on the top as well.

With these latest generation of PGC kits, the leg of the chamber often needs to have material removed from the bottom of it, otherwise it exhibits the behavior you mentioned (giving away secrets here). You should also bevel the chamber locks inside the slide so it doesn't bind on the top as well.

Thanks for the tips hkssr20det. Its times like these where I wish I was in the U.S so I could call upon your skills like Rom. Will let you know how I ger on.

Many thanks

I recommend using it first. If you like it and want to change it, THEN start hunting around. :)

It may be that you absolutely hate using it.

I have used it and do like it but I would like to get a metal slide and maybe some sexy rare grips :P

Is the slide hard to replace??? Same question with the grips.

Some hammer questions for you guys. I was browsing x-fire and saw this,'rearless hammer'. I personally think it looks really good and makes the gun look clean. Whats everyones opinion on it and does anyone actually have one. I'm thinking about using it with my delta kit.

I've been looking at the same thing - looks good, looks clean, seems practical. Since you can't decock the 5.1's hammer with your thumb anyway, may as well ditch the hammer spur. Have you ever used the half-cocked feature? I sure haven't.

There's really only one thing holding me back (besides paying 50 bucks plus shipping plus import tax for a friggin hammer), and that is the resulting appearance of the gun. A 1911/2011 with no hammer spur? When you can have this? Dunno man...

Put the rearless hammer on a 4.3, sure, that gun is all business to begin with, may as well make it look even more like a Glock.

But on a 5.1? That gun is made of pure sechs, and it needs a big chrome hammer sticking out the back, or it'll be neutered. Either the ring hammer or this.

I agree that it would look cool on a 4.3. However, one has to wonder about the practicality of now being able to hand cock a single action gun...

Can Hi-capa 5.1 parts be used in the 1911-A1?

There are many parts that are interchangeable but not everything.

Archived