Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

Killian: Not unless RedWolf has supplied their own parts to retailers.

Obviously if the Army Armament L85 starts to sell well and people still want the part, they'll have a rerun made. It could be useful to send them an email asking if they will be getting more of the spacer kits.

-Sale

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great if someone could make that spacer on a lathe - and sell it without the piston gear (Redwolf was selling it with a TM gear, I would rather take something better). It seems to be very easy to make...

There will be enough people who will need this part :P .

Stealthbomber - could you please ask Docsv400 about this? I am new to this forum, and don't know anyone :unsure: .

Wow!

Reading 36 pages in 2 and a half hours is like a novel. It starts out all good and happy, then everything starts going wrong, then it starts getting good again.

Well, I for one, will never, ever, buy a gun, or anything else, off the first production run. There's just too many things that can go wrong. I am waiting until Holiday season to buy one. In the least. That way, there will be no rushed quality checks(that's why everyone's guns are breaking) and I can be guaranteed of a satisfactory product.

That said, good luck to all of you guys who's guns are broken, and hopefully they'll be back in working order soon enough.

Well, I for one, will never, ever, buy a gun, or anything else, off the first production run. There's just too many things that can go wrong. I am waiting until Holiday season to buy one. In the least. That way, there will be no rushed quality checks(that's why everyone's guns are breaking) and I can be guaranteed of a satisfactory product.

Erm..... my gun still isn't broken :huh: i was looking at the construction & i have no reason to believe from an external & stripped down viewing that anything is going to go pop anytime soon.Internally is anyones guess but i'm begining to get survivors guilt :unsure:

^True, not every gun is going to suck, but look at this thread. Many people have complained about many problems. It's all because of the rushed construction and QC that was forced by the HK distributor. At least, that's what it says on that one website. I forget which one it is.

Anyways, the chances are much lower of getting a lemon later in the production line.

The same thing happened with Xbox 360. The second line, with improvements doesn't have as many problems as the first.

Now, you are welcome to take the chance and be the lucky one who doesn't have any problems. But that's not my cup of tea. (Pardon the pun, I'm not from England)

Edited by Hepta

Yes, if you have ordered it from RSOV, then you will most probably get the newer version.

We were on a 3 day airsoft skirmish, one of the guns broke within the first minutes, big frustration... And who knows how long will it take to repair - I don't know where to get the spacer. This gun was bought in the pre-order (with the older style cocking handle). It was shot mainly on SEMI, I would say that SEMI will wreck the piston. The second gun is still working after 2000 shots and was fired only on full-auto.

Overall, it's a very good gun for the money, very robust body, excellent for my purpose (mil-sim). The only thing is the piston, which can be fixed by using the spacer (hopefully someone will make that spacer).

Here are pictures of the newer style cocking handle and plate. This one is much better designed and can't be broken off easily.

It seems that all R85 ordered from RSOV are now equipped with this new type.

boltrr3.jpgbolt1ue5.jpg

That's the sort i've got on my gun,may be mines ok because it's one of the newer type?

Getting mine this week. Good thing I had drank a few before ordering, because after reading all this I might have had second thoughts about it.

Just hoping everything will be ok... Since it was ordered last week I suppose it's going to be of the newer type.

Since it was ordered last week I suppose it's going to be of the newer type.

I wouldn't worry,i was one of the first ones to get one of these guns & it seems like mine is one of the newer gun.Maybe the factory was getting rid of the ones that didn't meet standard along with the good ones so they could fill orders?

I've got one of the "original" types and mine broke off. But other than that... what is different ? All this talk of QC being lax just doesn't sit with me. I can only see 1 thing that is different and that is nothing at all major.

The only major problem with this gun is the inherent weakness in the G&G design that no amount of re-runs / batches or QC checks is going to prevent.

I agree with you Freypal, I think the only change is probably the cocking handle. There is not much to improve, it's a copy of G&G - they would have to change the entire mechabox to prevent the piston breaking.

EDIT: I found someone who will make a spacer for it. But how long should the spacer be? Could someone measure the exact lenght of the Redwolf spacer? MANY THANKS!

Edited by Killian

You just need to know the length, the other dimensions are standard - you can measure them directly on the piston (like diameter).

There is one picture with the TM "weight" fitted as a spacer in this guide:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...e=post&id=25713

There you can see how it has to fit between the piston head and piston.

Anyone knows if the cylinder head on the R85 is a standard type (type 2 or 3?)? I guess the tappet plate isn't a standard type?

Edited by Killian