Operation Irene 5 Pictures

Here are some of my favorite snapshots of IRENE-5.

More at www.operationirene.com

Relaying the Order of Battle

211939010-L.jpg

Delta 1st Platoon, T minus 1

211938558-L.jpg

Delta 1st Platoon, 3rd and 4th

211938032-L.jpg

Three Musketeers

211937580-L.jpg

MSG 'Mad Max' Mullen

IMG_8436.jpg

Over-watch

IMG_8298.jpg

No cover!

IMG_8713.jpg

Huey Down!

IMG_8792.jpg

KIA

IMG_8814.jpg

39 and 1 for Delta

IMG_8903.jpg

Edited by sgtHanzo
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this held at a US military base? I swear I saw that fake RPG somewhere on the Discovery Channel once..

BTW is there an age requirement/gear requirement? I SO wanna go.

Program about Fort Knox, very interesting it was too.

Would love to skirmish there, in a milsim-lite capacity anyway.

^makes no sense^ obviously not impossible, otherwise there would be no one there, and of course it would be expensive if people are flying from all places to go and with all that equipment

Its almost impossible because all the people who went before to the even the year before they get first dibs at a spot and most of the time they have the same players come back.

Edited by bboymax11@hotmail.com
Its almost impossible because all the people who went before to the even the year before they get first dibs at a spot and most of the time they have the same players come back.

To add to that... Almost impossible is the best way to describe it. The event is limited to 350 players. 'Vets' get dibs at most of the slots. Registration opens up to non-vets a week or two later (and they do reserve a small number of slots for non-vets to try and keep it open to almost anybody). I don't know about this year, but last year (when I checked into going) non-vets had to have a vet vouch for them in addition to being fast enough to grab one of the few non-vet slots which sell out in no time.

Oh! - And last year's registration fee was over 200 dollars. You got alot for that 200 bucks, though. Totaly worth it from what I hear.

EDIT: http://www.oplionclaws.com/ <-- The main website for these events.

Edited by Zilla

It is not impossible to get to IRENE/Lion Claws-themed games. Below are some clarifications on how registration was done this year:

LC Veteran Reservations = 200 seats (LC Vet cost was discounted under $200)

New Registration Reservations = 150 seats (new reg cost was around $235)

Total slots Made available = 350

-----------------------------------------------

LC Veteran registrations were quickly filled within 78 minutes of the registration being opened. Just because one has an LC Veteran status doesn't guarantee a seat. I, for one, had to camp the registration site, refreshed my browser so many times and hit that 'register' button when it became available. First come first serve was the name of the game.

New attendees registration were done within several hours of open registration. Similar 'first-come, first served' rule was provided to everyone.

LC Veteran vouching was required only for those under 18 years of age. Login to OpLionClaws.com and ask the staff there to confirm (for those who are interested in getting into one of these types of games).