Battle-Worn Picture Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

img0049rz0.jpg

img0054wq8.jpg

img0053ka6.jpg

Nothing artificial about it. Two years of rugged use. ICS AK74M. An amalgamation of metal, plastic, duct-tape, and JB Weld.

Had to split open the stock to cut out a lot of stuff to fit a very large battery. But she is a true AK. Works no matter what.

Oh, and tactical napkin holder courtesy of my ex.

@ Kraut:

Love it!

What mags are you using? I like them. they don't have the ribbed bits running down the sides.

Thanks!

MAG brand AK74 mags in plumb. They're about the only midcap mags that feed in it. I love them, they're very solid and durable, and they fit nicely in my Weesatch. Got them in a box set from Kastwayairsoft.com.

_MG_0016.jpg

Nice work. Man, those reference cards are the new hot trend aren't they?

DWells55, don't worry what the others say.

But I'll give you a few pointer to save you the headaches later on. When sanding the metal parts, don't use the really coarse sandpapers. Most wear you see on actual AKs are pretty even and uniform, rather than looking like they've been attacked by sandpaper and files. As for the lower receiver, you could take it up another level by painting it dark grey, then drybrushing it with silver or light grey (or a combo of both). Good luck.