Naming your gun.

Sabachthani

As with all things manly, be they cars, guitars, or any other manner of inanimate object, there is always a name.

My two Deagle sidearms currently are up in the air, I'm debating between

Vox in Aeternitate / Anima in Aeternitate, which (as my latin student friend is telling me) translates to voice in eternity and life (or something) in eternity. Alternatively, I was going to go for something like Sabachthani, which is Hebrew for "you have forsaken me" and Anathema, which I think is Greek, meaning one who is hated.

My G36C, I'd probably name it something really weird to be anticlimactic and ironic. So I can present it as such.

"This is the shadow that haunts your nightmares, my friends. This...is Kyle."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give my guns names, but as they are projects that evolves over the years, I do have a project surfix to them in order to keep track of them and that parts have been used, my experience with the parts and what parts are needed to the next step of development. So in a way my guns do have names and here are a few of them:

HKM4D-SD "Interceptor"

JP-15 "Hunter"

Hi-Capa "Hybrid"

My CA SPC M-15a4 is Vermilion2

My S-System with CA CQB gear box is Franken System

My faithful TM 4.3....Faith...

Tanaka 870......The real thing

Cyma/Systema .0028s- The Fragile

I don't think naming them is too bad. I think sleeping with them in your bed is worse.

As with all things manly, be they cars, guitars, or any other manner of inanimate object, there is always a name.

My two Deagle sidearms currently are up in the air, I'm debating between

Vox in Aeternitate / Anima in Aeternitate, which (as my latin student friend is telling me) translates to voice in eternity and life (or something) in eternity. Alternatively, I was going to go for something like Sabachthani, which is Hebrew for "you have forsaken me" and Anathema, which I think is Greek, meaning one who is hated.

My G36C, I'd probably name it something really weird to be anticlimactic and ironic. So I can present it as such.

"This is the shadow that haunts your nightmares, my friends. This...is Kyle."

So what is it you're asking? You want name suggestions, or want us to list our gun names?

Here're some of mine:

TM 5.1 - "gunzer"

Tanaka M36 - "cant hit *beep*"

Hudson TT33 - "piece of mutha*fruitcage*in *beep*"

KSC SPP - "where did all the pieces go"

TM G-Spec - "I wish I didnt spend all that money on all these *fruitcage* useless upgrades, I really really do"

KSC M9 - "byebye barrel lock + moneys"

Tanaka Hi-Power - "trigger pull? more like trigger *beep*"

KSC M11 - "full metal borked"

TM DE - "I hate zeke"

TM Detonics - "gunzer jr."

Maruzen Scorpion - "work dammit"

Marushin Uzi - "spare mags worth their weight in gold, no seriously"

Dboys AK74 - "I CAN HAS CHARGIN HANDLE?"

My mk23 is called Winona.

What do we have here? A pulse pistol. What are you doing here on your own? You're going to come in handy. You need a name... Winona. I'm gonna call you Winona.

Love it :D

I call my P90 "Lousy Piece of Tripe", because that's what it is.

....how did you form this special bond?

personally i hug mine to sleep every night....

what? thats normal isn't it?

having my hands in her, having crafted her every curve and line... :D

my spr is a loving handbuilt aeg ^_^ the only standard CA bits left, are the gearbox shell, and the body... ^_^

G19 is Becky

m3 shorty - Helga

AKs - Prudence

Mp5a4 - Piper

USP - Peace

Archived