1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a 1911 from a fellow member on the forums. Here is the gun in question: FBI trial SCW 2

But my question is, it doesn't look like the FBI trial. I'll be happy with the gun either way, but I just wanted to be sure. The FBI trials I've seen that are SCW 2 have different trademarks, ambi safeties, and a bigger mag bumper. Is this a different version of the FBI trial, or is there something else I'm missing?

Well, I would say: FBI Trial model slide on a Protector frame. Hammer is the same, but FBI Trial has ambidextrous savety. A mixed bag. But if the slide was just put completely on the frame with gas zylinder and all the other stuff, it technically „should“ be a SCW2 FBI trial … with some custom elements ;) But definitely not out of the box.

Edit: As I read the description of the FBI Trial Mix in the linked document there was mentioned: „comes with silver outer barrel“. On the original WA FBI Trial barrel and chamber are black! So here some custom, too. Seems to be two pistols mixed in one.

Edited by SamJacksonFan

I want to get the Guarder FMK and then polishing it so that it would be chrome but I'm worried that it will get oxydized. I know for sure KWA metal gets oxydized because I own a 1911, USP, and M9...All got oxydized. WE pistols too, which sucks because mine turned grey-blueish haha. So can anyone tell me how good these Guarder FMKs are?

here is mine, sanded off the paint on the original slide and all the furniture.

all i need now is a rear sight and a new metal outer barrel and some other gubbins.

were can i get a a metal rear sight?

cheers

I've sent you a PM regarding an outer barrel and rear sight.

I have been close to finishing my TM Delta Elite for quite some time now but for some reason I felt like I was missing something. It finally dawned on me that, whether I liked it or not, this gun was basically a raced out 1911. With that knowledge in mind, I decided that I might as well take it through the roof and style it as a single stack racer. To help promote this image I decided that I needed a magwell and that I needed to figure out a way to put extended magazine base plates on TM mags. After looking for, and not finding, any airsoft options for these mods I went in quest of real steel parts.

After some looking around I realized that Wilson Combat was going to be my best bet. I ended up ordering a magwell and a 3 pack of magazine base pads from them about a week and a half ago. Fitting the magwell did not go as planned (it is a drop in part on an RS 1911) because the PGC frame is not true to 1911 dimensions (because it didn't fit the parts I ordered). I ended up having to do lots of filing and having to chop off some huge sections of the magwell to get it to where it is now. I don't recommend trying this. In contrast, fitting the Wilson Combat mag bumper was simple. All I had to do was drill out holes for the fill valve and base plate screw before I super glued the bumper in place (these were RS glue on base plates).

Looking at the gun after the latest work I think that I can claim this as my first 'fully built' 'finished' custom gun. I could dump a bit more money into it if I really had to but I'm basically out of upgrades that I think would help the gun. I am very very happy with how this project turned out. It has lots of real steel bits, it is a total one off in terms of the custom building put into it, and it shoots like a dream. Without further ado I present my personal Delta Elite...

racedelta1wl1.jpg

racedelta2ho5.jpg

racedelta3sj9.jpg

racedelta4ci4.jpg

racedelta5eb7.jpg

Bits:

TM 1911A1

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Mainspring Housing (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 4.3 Thumb Safety (Custom Fit)

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 Recoil Rod

TM Disconector (Modified for Ultra Light Trigger Pull)

TM Barrel Bushing (Polished)

KM Hammer Strut

PGC Colt Delta Elite Frame (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite Slide (Silver)

PGC Colt Delta Elite 10mm Auto Outer Barrel (Black)

PGC Colt Delta Elite High Visibility Rear Sight

RCW Recoil Bushing

RS Wilson Grip Safety (Custom Fit)

RS Wilson Combat Magwell

RS Wilson Combat Magazine Bumper

PDI 5" 6.01mm Tightbore (112.5mm)

PDI NeXT Hammer (Silver)

PDI Kimber Style Trigger (Black)

RSP Custom TM 1911 Grips

9Ball Dyna Piston Head

9Ball Chamber Packing

SD 150% Recoil Spring