Pity me...

HaVoC

I'm not going to type in detail as it hurts like hell to sit down, but for the last 3 days I've been stuck in an NHS hospital having puss drained from an abscess on my backside, basically.

One general anaesthetic operation later, and I'm pumped full of drugs, and feel like sh*t. The wound, which is left open to drain fully, has to be packed full of 'aquacell' every 2 or 3 days, which hurts like the end of the world. Basically, it's an open wound, an inch long and an inch deep, being held open and packed full of some gauze-like stuff. Without local anaesthetic, which annoys me. Basically, when it was done yesterday, it took morphine to touch the pain... :o

So, basically, pity me. Or insult me. Hey, I just needed to get this sh*t off my chest...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, not painlessly. The wound has to be re-packed tomorrow morning, which basically means trying to pump myself full of whatever they've given me to take home (paracetamol, ibuprofen, di-somethingorother-codeine), none of which really touch the pain, and biting into a pillow trying not to scream.

If you think I'm a p*ssy and I'm over-reacting, by the way - I'm not.

Dude, was the nurse that looked at your infected *albartroth* fit?... What?... Not a bad booby prize ;)

Get better soon dude :)

The one I 'had' for the first 2 days was...let's say...bone-able...

The second one I 'had' today reminded me of Barbara from the Royale Family. That's not a good thing... :rolleyes:

Sad too hear, funny, but sad. :(

As a totally unqualified medical professional I prescribe alcohol and joints in large amounts, to be taken regularly.

Should help numb the pain somewhat...

:)

Alcohol absorbs canaboids. :/ so together the effects will take longer to come on.

mind over matter H_M...

you can still spam the forums standing up or in the straddle-horse stance!!!!

*plays the you-know-which episode of weebl and bob*

*imagining H_M in horse stance in front of the PC... still spamming the forums, completely unaffected by pain or delirium... but spells poorly at time to time due to the offect of the morphines*

I think my dad had something similar few years back... not nice...

anywho... you'll be more resistant to pain after this... :mellow:

Not that I can do anything to help you but...

*buys you a shot of Russian Vodka.... bliyad!*

Archived