Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have a thorough review of the RS hop chamber to share with us yet?

All,

Been going through some personal ###### lately that has completely zapped ALL of my airsoft and tinkering time. RA were kind enough to send me a T&E unit and I will conduct a review as soon as things settle down. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your patience.

tried out the gun this weekend...didn't skirmish but just brought it out to show around and chrono.

nothing really mind blowing (or haven't been already covered):

-on green gas, this thing really KICKS! recoil and sound are impressive to say the least.

-was chronoing 270 with .25s on h134a....370 with .25 on green

-i noticed more cool down effect with H134a than with green gas.

i'm looking forward to the RAtech chamber review Wup

Edited by chillindrdude
14mm + (clockwise).

It could take any standard M4 AEG flash hider as long as it's +.

RATech, is that teflon tape you used to correct the magazine leaks? Thanks!

Yes, bingo! We use teflon tape to tie it 2 rounds before put on the O-ring.

ratech, how many shots did you fire before your rubber went bad? What do you mean when you say "weaken the O-ring"? thx

According to our experience on the WA SV handgun, the rubber should be replaced after 3000 to 5000 shots. "Weaken the O-ring" means loss of the elasticity of the O-ring.

Perhaps I should update with my progress.

I've managed to make my gun shoot a lot better now. Not perfect but failure at 1 in 30 something. Perhaps even better. Was gonna test it at the weekend game, but I missed it unfortunately and I haven't really felt like working on the gun lately. But now I got my full length precision barrel now so I'll do some work on it withing a few days with perhaps some more adjustments to make it work perfectly. Still, I had a few missfires with the stock gun so we'll see if it can be perfect.

I somewhat solved my problem with some electrical tape. Put a small piece on top of the thicker part of the rubber. Basically around where the hopup arm is pressing down. I did this with a theory that it would tighten it so the bb's don't go to far in. It's not only to press down the hopup but the rubber in general. The barrel is half open at the end for this reason as far as I can understand. Seems to work ok. Might need to put some more there but well see. I also cleaned the inside of the rubber somewhat.

Shorty review of RA-TECH Chamber so far:

Very nice build quality, was impressed when I opened it. Smooth and nice. Only minor negative point is that I noticed some rust beginning to show on the screw keeping the chamber halves together.

Seems to be a perfect fit regards to the bolt and feeding BB's flawless so far. Gonna try 140% recoil spring soon.

The exception to this is of course my problem I had that the bb's went in to far, which prevents gas to be routed to it. I don't really know who to blame, WA or RA-TECH. I agree with RA-TECH that WA's hopup isn't really that great, but it might also be that the metal chamber is slightly to roomy, but at least I can pad it. I don't really know, maybe wait and see if anyone else have problems?

Summary so far: If you need it, buy it.

Still, I haven't really seen that many posts yet about having it installed. Anyone else besides poison123?

I'll work on the gun this week and install new inner barrel and recoil buffer + spring. Will take it out for play this weekend and report later if it exploded or something... :P

I highly suggest not installing the 140% spring if you have the RA chamber installed. Think about it this way:

With the Plastic bolt connecting to the plastic hopup, the hopup load ramp etc is broken.

With the plastic bolt connecting to the metal hopup, which do you think is going to wear/break first.

I honestly wouldn't use the 140% spring till someone makes a new bolt out of something stronger than WAs ###### plastic or the AS Alum Bolt Carrier Group is released.

Edited by poison123
Now for WA to release a GBB AK....

If they can churn out this beast...I see no reason not to churn out an AK.

ak does not have bolt stop so it would most likely dry fire, also its completely different design. I think WA will start to cover all AR-15 before moving to another just like they did for 1911 and berettas... so yay! I expect following:

hk416

M16

SCAR (lower is basically done)

Noticed a few new WA spare parts on WGC:

Western Arms M4 Loading Nozzle Set ( No. 1-7 )

Western Arms M4 Dial & Chamber Set ( No. 45, 48-52 )

Western Arms M4 Magazine Packing Set ( No. 216-219 )

Not really that useful perhaps, except magazine packing. It's reinforced parts we need. Still, a complete extra hopup gives the possibility to switch uppers easily, which I was planning to do sometime. Using the G&P long front + precision barrel for semi sniper style of play and the original front + inner barrel for more fps limited play.

Edited by coladraken
ak does not have bolt stop so it would most likely dry fire, also its completely different design. I think WA will start to cover all AR-15 before moving to another just like they did for 1911 and berettas... so yay! I expect following:

hk416

M16

SCAR (lower is basically done)

I'd be very surprised if WA brought out a SCAR or a HK416! Very surprised indeed......