Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OverKiller93

Softair Customs: Walter 2000

you'd have a bulky sexy aeg if it was semi... as above 380 is ilegal ;)

Err... no it isn't.

A semi-automatic airgun is considered by the CPS an airgun and is covered by airgun legislation not by part 5 firearms legislation and is limited to 12 ft lbs as per an air rifle.

Thought for a minute Candyman was producing his WA 2000 - I'd pay that for one of those! :)

Springer mechanism's a bit of a shame, although probably good for snipers.

Cheers.

Oh Cor Blimey Bruce!

And just when I when I was planning on buying a bolt action anyway...

Can using the student loan be justified.......

I have to say I'm more intrigued on what they'll build next, .50cal sounds great!

Nice to see more custom shops about!

Wings :detective2:

how the hell are you going to comfortably cock a 450FPS spring with that diddy little cocking handle??

they should have done it properly like candyman and made it a GBB.

Have to admit - that was the first thing I thought as well.....

Surley it can't be that difficult to make airsoft weapons that use CO2 capsules or pre-charged pneumatic systems for power? After all, companies have been making very good quality air rifles powered by such means for years.....

how the hell are you going to comfortably cock a 450FPS spring with that diddy little cocking handle??

Cocking a 450fps spring is anything, but hard... The problem starts with heavier springs.

Cocking a 450fps spring is anything, but hard... The problem starts with heavier springs.

That depends largely on the shape of the bolt, the WA2000 bolt is a world away from your "normal" bolt.

That depends largely on the shape of the bolt, the WA2000 bolt is a world away from your "normal" bolt.

Perhaps someone with an APS Type 96 can shed some light on this? Seeing as thats what its based around (its in the news story)

Unless of course you mean 'bolt handle' which then is really a case of how strong they make it.

Ahhh why did they base it off the APS and not the VSR?

my thoughts exactly, why make such a nice gun then use a rubbish/okayish gun for the base :unsure: .

i would have bought one straight away if it was vsr based, but think i will leave it now :(

They did a very nice job on the gun, its just so...ugly. In a cool ugly sort of way. 530 Euro...thats somewhere around $800, a lot for a spring action gun. It does seem like cocking it would be pretty difficult, especially for a left-handed shooter.

Looks cool, but I'm going to have to agree...Candyman leads the way with his GBB WA2000. This does not compare...though its 1000 percent more attainable.

I don't actually like the Walther 2000 but if I did I would probably get this, gut it and replace the internals with AEG internals set to a decent fps and semi-auto only.

Its a bit retro for my liking, but I'm very interested in knowing what they've got planned for the future. Hopefully a spring powered 8mm Barrett, or even better a CO2 one!

problem with 8mm sniper rifles is the power output a 8mm.34 bb gives no site in the uk will let them run at 500 fps with a .34 8 mm bb

6 mm all the way

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.