Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice looking paintjob, Kipper, I like.

Carter: I was a bit scared too, but you just gotta brave it :) Most important thing to remember when it doesn't turn out the way you want it to straight away, is not to panic or get frustrated. Just walk away from it for an hour or so, come back and try again, until you get it right. If you start rushing it, things will get worse with drips and colors running into each other.

0055acopyvd8.jpg

First go at painting a gun. What do you all think? Gonna take another pic in natural light tomorrow.

Not done the sights cause i ran out of tan paint.

Very nice! I say keep the AP black as it makes it authentic (hey, they do run out of paint or time in real life, so not everything gets painted, lol).

Once you paint one gun the fear goes away and it becomes a mania ^_^

First my G-SPEC, now I can't stop.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Yea, no kidding. I first experimented around on my UHC MP5 3 years ago, then I moved onto my M4....which has been painted countless times.

Edited by Souske

The M4 with the Eotech is BEEEEUUUTIFUL minus the suppressor. I say paint the suppressor and add it to the tan M4 (which looks good also by the way). I see you went crazy with the krylon...nice...did you start seeing little blue men running around playing in your stuff??? Maybe that's just me when I paint indoors!!!

A word of advice on camouflage painting:

Never use glossy paints and make sure the colors don't contrast too heavily. I'd suggest sticking to Krylon's camouflage series of matte paints; the brown you used looks glossy, and that's a camo no-no.

I'd add in a layer of medium brown onto the gun and some smaller details in tan to help break it up better. Personally, I don't know what it looks like where you play, but it would likely help if your camouflage didn't stand out so much.