Painted Weapons Picture Thread

I see you all want to know how i paint it, so here ya go.

First of all, the weapon had 3 paintjobs on it, (one of them was a woodland paintjob) so you can actually see some of the old colors on it, this makes it harder to imitate, because you should use more variety of colors.

In the actual paintjob i only used 2 colors, light sand, and black.

After i finished painting, i only had to take some paint off, with a paint remover (don't know the word in english, it looks like common water, but smells like alcohol), with a cloth.

That simple, i only took paint off in the parts of the gun i would normally have my hands on, grips, ris panels, etc.

Edit: Materials i used DSC04178Medium.jpg

Edited by LORD_SEX
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise against using cellulose thiners on your AEG's. It's realy harsh stuff and could easily melt trades off of plastic recievers etc. Also unless you've got propper ventilation it can be a real nightmare.

Super fine grade glass paper and a small amount of elbow grease will give you for safer/ non chemical results.

Ben

Great job! That must have taken some fine work?

Thanks, the key is making the patterns. I just photocopied the back of my multicam top and cut out some of the patterns from the photo copy. If I can track down the colors that match better I plan to redo the paint.

Edited by Stylin7

CQB mainly.. usualy don't do woodland.

I use it as primary if my role is support, and carry a MP7 as secondary,

or I use an AUG as primary and carry the MGL along if we need to break out when pinned down.

The stock is actualy an old MP5-stock that has been modified quite a bit to fit. It's hold in place with a bolt and phiberglas/epoxy coating.

Also some restructuring of the rear had to be done to smooth the line out.

the basecoat was just a coat of Sanddune krylon paint.

more pics are available : http://maveric.geezas.com/gallery/v/Maveri...fles/SPR/paint/ of the painting process thus far.

Then the stripes of medium brown and brown. stencils laid down next and sprayed medium brown and then gave the whole thing a very light dusting of medium brown to give it a more earthy colour

DSC_4145a.jpg