SYSTEMA Revolution Gearbox at US RETAILERS

chillindrdude

Properly tuned systems assembled with quality parts won't have the piston fail. That's a weak argument. Better to trumpet the actual unique features than to claim that the piston is god.

And, of course, there are cynics like me who remember the original Systema red piston, and the epic failure that resulted.

*edit - added the bold. Parts are key.

You're not alone my friend.

I had repeated failures of those systema red pistons despite correct AOE. It was amazing. Every systema complete gearbox that i ever worked on blew that piston in no time.

Having said that, the PTW pistons are plenty robust and hold up to quite a bit of abuse so i wouldnt really worry about that component failing. The point here is that you can take a 60 dollar dboys gearbox, upgrade it to 400 fps, correct the AOE, shim it properly, grease it properly and have it run for 50,000 rounds with ZERO problems.

At 500 fps i understand these gearboxes but at normal velocity levels i really dont, especially with the advent of the TM m4. I just dont understand a 500 dollar "upgrade" just to decrease trigger lag.

I really want to like Systema because i sure as heck do appreciate the innovation that they bring but with their current pricing scheme i just...cant get behind them 100%.

If it were my company i would do everything in my power to market this to everyone, not just a select few "elite" (HAHHAHA) that can afford it and think they're awesome because of it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive seen a few strip but TheWarStore has sold a ridiculous number of PTW's, so some are bound to have a problem, but they were all with the "challenge kit" so you can write that off to personal failure.

Just a theory, but maybe the parts included in the challenge kits could be factory seconds or rejects, so they can sell the rejected parts for cheap, still make a profit, and when they die, they can blame it on the end user since they built it. Plausible? :unsure:

also, for a $500 gearbox, it better recoil, have a bolt stop, and make some coffee to make me buy one. Funny how they claim its the best gearbox in the world *Airsoft Atlanta*, and how its twice the price of regular ones, and its still unproven.

Haha I love Dboys.. :P

But that is an Excelent point.. If you wanted to be Completely sure it wont break down because of China error, Get a CA gearbox.. All of which after good upgradeing, Would last A Very long time under realistic use..

I think the guys at Systema a great Air techs, But Seriously? I dont know anyone whp puts 50k rounds through there gun on a daily basics, And thats almost what they think a Gearbox needs to be able to withstand..

If you wanted to be Completely sure it wont break down because of China error, Get a CA gearbox.. All of which after good upgradeing, Would last A Very long time under realistic use..

A CA gearbox? :huh:

I think any Chinese brand GB is better than a CA one.... The CA ones are made in China anyway :)

Haha I love Dboys.. :P

But that is an Excelent point.. If you wanted to be Completely sure it wont break down because of China error, Get a CA gearbox.. All of which after good upgradeing, Would last A Very long time under realistic use..

I think the guys at Systema a great Air techs, But Seriously? I dont know anyone whp puts 50k rounds through there gun on a daily basics, And thats almost what they think a Gearbox needs to be able to withstand..

Not the best post i've read :rolleyes:

As has been mentioned CA GB's are also Chinese and haven't been markedly better or indeed worse than your average one, in my experience anyway.

I don't think the quoted 50K rounds were implied as being per day, but with relatively regular use. I could be wrong... i hope not haha

No, guys I am talking about the Old CA, but the new ######..

Atleast the older models I have worked on were Great.. No were near China.

If your talking About Sport line, Than Yes obviously..

I realised you were.... Still the same answer.

They were terrible, then had a good spell, now completely ###### again. Tolerances are shocking.

No, guys I am talking about the Old CA, but the new ######..

Atleast the older models I have worked on were Great.. No were near China.

If your talking About Sport line, Than Yes obviously..

Dude the old CA's were even worse than the new ones, are you being serious?

But on topic: I think Systema will realize how overpriced these are, once sales are *suitcasey*....I'd buy one if they're less than $300. Any more than that and there is no reason for me not to build my own with that money

the thing is, they need to pay for the R&D and tooling it took to create something new and the price may have to be this expensive for a while. the other gearboxes they created are close to 300(the pre-made magnum and turbo ones) thus making something new more expensive. they used the same materials, electronic quality and CNC processes the PTWs go through and they are expensive.

the systema revolution is a gift from (place your upmost holy god here) passed down through the minds of systema's design team to last a literal eternity without a single breakage or lockup in whatever gun you put it in.

Gifts are free. This is no gift, especially if you have to shell out that much for it. I'd rather pay $500 for TM's new SOPMOD. There's more innovation in that than in this gearbox.

Personally, I can't decide which my wife would beat my @ss more for:

Buying 4 clones (with minor upgraqdes) to add to the collection

or

1 gearbox

The innovation is appreciated, but I think I would pay the difference and get a PTW instead of upgrading an existing AEG to that level (tho a PTW G3SAS would be fantastic!)

Personally, I can't decide which my wife would beat my @ss more for:

Buying 4 clones (with minor upgraqdes) to add to the collection

or

1 gearbox

The innovation is appreciated, but I think I would pay the difference and get a PTW instead of upgrading an existing AEG to that level (tho a PTW G3SAS would be fantastic!)

Dude, you're so lucky.....your wife offers you a reason to beat your @ss......some of us get it for waking up in the morning. <_<

Seriously though, I agree with the points you make....and I hate the "clones".....given the choice I'd go with the TM.....$500 for a gearbox, and thats US prices....imagine what the damage would be in the UK?!?!?

Bummer. Like many others I was really looking forward to this release when it was announced so long ago... but for what may be the first time, an entire [not to mention brand new ] AEG will beat an internal upgrade on the price point.

Weird.

(Just another reason to get the Sopmod. :D )

I do not know, how much of you have ever used a PTW, but there is no better thing you can do, as long as you have solved the problems they had, but that is another thing. From there when it works it's really fantastic.

So if I now can have the same PTW feeling with an AEG, I'd rather buy this gearbox than a TM Sopmod. You can have the triple burst. Not talking about the other advantages that have already been mentioned. I will install it in my VFC PDW and than tell you.

Btw the gearbox comes with a motor.

:D :D :D :D

if $350 is a good price for Revolution systema gearbox, i will try to get them in bulk then sell at that price to arnies members. anyone interested? Just let me know how many and what spring power you prefer. this is not for profit. let's just say this is my "stimulus package" for everyone :D

Looks like $350 usd is a sweet spot. I'll order from stores in the US today, since asian stores are on vacation this week (chinese new year). I'll keep you guys posted on the development. Hopefully I can make a quick install and check out the performance as well. I've been dying to use my madbull chrono :D

Archived