Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice rifle!

so anyway, i got some inside info on the new digital desert and woodland cammies that the navy is getting... supposedly, they will have the navy "ACE" emblem on the pocket, and have USNs embedded in the pattern, very similar to our MARPAT. from what i have heard the pattern and color is almost an exact clone of ours.

-Joe

Quoted for truth. Funny how all this crazy talk about AOR1/2 is recently-it looks like USMC MARPAT desert and woodland...

What everyone commented on is true, and AOR2 will have more "green" in it than brown like the USMC woodland MARPAT.

has that been proven yet? i ask because i remember a couple weeks, or even a month back there were people claiming it was pretty much identical to marpat, and that it looks different because of the flash or light or whatever they called it settings on the camera. and i believe someone said the got a little sample square/piece from LBT and said it was identical to marpat also.

would really like to know :mellow: .

from everything i hear from REAL military sources, and have seen myself, it is the same thing. but some of these airsofters seem to think that it has magically different properties and colors because of a camera flash.

so believe whoever you like.

and ill be the first person that we see with it will be an airsofter!

-Joe

from everything i hear from REAL military sources, and have seen myself, it is the same thing. but some of these airsofters seem to think that it has magically different properties and colors because of a camera flash.

so believe whoever you like.

and ill be the first person that we see with it will be an airsofter!

-Joe

Very true-this is all so LOL! We better change the subject before the Mods put the smack down-moar lolz.

some people have broader definitions of "identical" and "same thing" than others. When you consider that some people think buckle color make or breaks an impression, the subtraction of the EGA and a slight color shift may go unnoticed to some, but will be a deal breaker for others.

one side thinks ur stupid for caring so much, the other side thinks your stupid because you dont notice. either way, we'll see what's what eventually. I remember when Vietnam issue stuff was easy to find in surplus stores, and I had to send away for a pair of Y suspenders. New things of mystery will turn into old things of common knowledge soon enough.

Same old stuff, newer pics. Rifle is still off though (on previous occasions I had a borrowed one) but I can swap the stock to an older 4pos one and add a carry handle instead of the buis and aimpoint for photo ops. Though I dunno about the authenticity of the paintjob for the era I'm trying to emulate.

1-5.jpg

3-2.jpg

P226 is on it's way so now I have to figure out a decent way of carrying it with this setup. I'm considering a semi-custom high ride dropleg holster even if they suck for recon ops (actually... I don't even need a pistol for that kind of op since I rarely spend more than one midcap).

Some new adquisitions from this week.

DSC08461Medium.jpg

DSC08463Medium.jpg

DSC08469Medium.jpg

DSC08465Medium.jpg

DSC08466Medium.jpg

DSC08473Medium.jpg

DSC08476Medium.jpg

DSC08474Medium.jpg

BHI old gen 2 day backpack OD

USIA old gen gasmask/utility leg pouch OD/gray waterproof x 2

BHI old gen leg gun holster black

Unknown manufacture, theater made, mk23 & LAM black leg holster

ABA double m4 black leg panel

ABA black leg holster

ABA OD leg holster + ABA double pistol pouch OD

Some new adquisitions from this week.

ABA OD leg holster + ABA double pistol pouch OD

That OD holster looks very similar to mine, except the snap buttons on the magazine pouch are on backwards. The ABA SF holster (the OD one you have, not the black one) integrates with the ABA rigger belt...it should have belt loops on the back of the holster as well as the back of the magazine pouch. There also should be a patch of hard velcro on the back of both (ABA rigger belt has soft velcro lining so the holster and pouch won't slide around). It's a pretty simple and effective set up.

If I attach the magazine pouch like how you have it, the draw will be backwards for me (but it seems to be ok on yours). Does it have the ABA labels sewn in and an adjustable thumb break inside? BHI made an exact copy of that ABA holster...at first glance, I thought it was the old BHI version. Regardless, good stuff!

Here's the magazine pouch. The top one attaches to the primary magazine leg pouch and the bottom one attaches to the holster. The fold creates the loop for the belt to pass through.

ababelt02.jpg

Here's the inside...they are both identical. The patch of the hard velcro attaches to soft velcro on both drop legs as well as the soft velcro lining in the belt.

ababelt03.jpg

Attached to the rigger belt. Primary magazine pouch side...

ababelt04.jpg

...and holster side. See how the stitching pattern is different on yours. Therefore, I thought it was a BHI. It might also be the age...mine is dated 1990.

ababelt05.jpg

Archived