Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I somehow managed to lose the Blackhawk stock mag pouch I'd been using to hold that gutted hicap, which in turn hid the battery, so yeah the mag is taped to the stock. Battery wires run into the buffer tube and connect in there, which is hidden by a rubber but pad on the stock.

You've got the right idea about your setup, that's how I did mine. Recently though, I've been thinking about trying to just run a 7.4 lipo in the buffer tube. Stock mag pouch gets annoying sometimes.

That's what I thought, thanks.

I would expect the pouch to get annoying but I don't really want to buy a new battery as I already have a good one. How well does it work with a Lipo in the stock tube? Because the battery would have to be pretty small, how are the 7.4's?

People buy ~3500$ nvg's for airsoft so I don't see any difference in 3500$ digi2 clothes.

The NVGs are definitely much more useful, and can be used for more than airsoft if one wishes, while the uniform is more or less a one-use thing, and could be custom made without costing $3500.

I bet the price on these will go down once they're issued in large numbers and start showing up on eBay like the FROG II did.

1. Buy Toy soldier Chicken PC

2. Buy 300D desert marpat fabric

3. Take them to the tailor

4. ??????

5. Profit

Dunno how much tailor is gonna charge there. My local tailor charges 200€ for making Paraclete HPC + Mayflower chestrig from 300D/500D desert marpat fabric :)

Does anybody know where i can find a TS one besides ebay?

The NVGs are definitely much more useful, and can be used for more than airsoft if one wishes, while the uniform is more or less a one-use thing, and could be custom made without costing $3500.

I bet the price on these will go down once they're issued in large numbers and start showing up on eBay like the FROG II did.

Well, with things like DIG2 you're going outside the realm of 'bang for your buck' and practicality, and into the realm of pure collecting. I can kinda understand the appeal but I still think 3.5 grand is crazy.

I bet Crye would be able to make custom sets if you got a large enough group order, i.e. 20 sets, because I've heard of stuff like Flecktarn Crye pants.

Thought I would share these pics with everyone...

LBT chest rig. Not sure of the model number, this is the only one like this I have seen. I was told from the guy I bought it from that he purchased it from a Navy SEAL at a San Diego swap meet. He said the SEAL brought it on deployment to Afghanistan in early OEF, however probably didnt use it much because it is in almost new condition.

Picture076-1.jpg

Picture077-1.jpg

It must have been a custom made rig. It has a very odd setup. The holster is pretty crummy, and not easily accessable. And it carries 3 mags per pouch, for a total of 12, yet has no other means of carrying much else (except for a map pocket).

Hi. I traded for it when I was stationed on NAS Agana. I really don't know how to tell a replica from the real one. Unfortunately, the inner bladder is missing (I installed the replacement bladder from one of my old Mk-1 vests...a bit of a size difference, but it fit rather nicely). It also has no identifiable markings except for a tag on the neck (I can take a photo of this later):

EXPERIMENTAL GARMENT

PROPERTY OF US NAVY

CLOTHING AND TEXTILE RESEARCH UNIT

NATICK, MASS

SIZE: ____ NO: _____

CONTRACT NO:________

It's almost brand new, so I'm certain is was never issued or issued and never used (or a replica)...the only wear is from me wearing it for camping and hiking. The pouches on the back are for 20 round M16 magazines (it can carry a total of 16 magazines). There was also a first aid kid hanging from M1910 double wire hooks between the magazine pouches on the back. I removed it (I can't seem to find it, but it must be some where...unless the Mrs threw it out) since it was so hard to get to (it was also quite small and couldn't carry anything, but a few bandages). The bottom of the first aid kit had eye holes...the string on the back tied to these eye holes to keep it from flapping around.

Well, with things like DIG2 you're going outside the realm of 'bang for your buck' and practicality, and into the realm of pure collecting. I can kinda understand the appeal but I still think 3.5 grand is crazy.

I bet Crye would be able to make custom sets if you got a large enough group order, i.e. 20 sets, because I've heard of stuff like Flecktarn Crye pants

Probably, but I bet there are restrictions keeping civies from ordering stuff in AOR1/2.

what are the pouches on the back for?

You put mags back there. Those float coats are really neat, thanks for posting it!

Also, I just recently picked up a Mar-ciras. To people who have them, do you keep a normal first line ( pistol, dump pouch, etc) or do you find even if you move your pouches around its too bulky to grab those items?

Sgt. Kinnaird,

That reminds me of the HSGI DACH and a number of rigs I have seen credited to various branches of the UKSF, based off the issue "NI" chest rig.

Looks fairly to the point for airsoft- radio, magazines, 2ndary, and a util pouch...

KM

People buy ~3500$ nvg's for airsoft so I don't see any difference in 3500$ digi2 clothes.

Apples and Oranges dood, not even in the same catagory. One is 3500$ because it is high technology (and can actually bring a new deminsion to the game)..the other is 3500$ because some one or someone's are in possesion of too much money and pretty retarted (And does nothing for the game...at all). I like gear but that is absolutely stupid that that uniform could actually go for that much money, it is just cammies...nothing that special...well nothing 3000$ worth anyway.

Apples and Oranges dood, not even in the same catagory. One is 3500$ because it is high technology (and can actually bring a new deminsion to the game)..the other is 3500$ because some one or someone's are in possesion of too much money and pretty retarted (And does nothing for the game...at all). I like gear but that is absolutely stupid that that uniform could actually go for that much money, it is just cammies...nothing that special...well nothing 3000$ worth anyway.

I was lol'ing at this:

Mysel1-you are one funny guy! Well, moving on...

Archived