Magpul Backup Sight (MBUS)

Noveske

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyways, back to the MBUS..... (I feel my thread's been hijacked with PTS debates!)

Ahhhh!!! The first smart comment of the day! Enough about all this silly talk of Magpul vs. Magpul PTS! Back to the pics! (Thought I'd throw that in there for Pedro30).

Thanks for the wonderful post USCM Corps. I just hope you don't get worked up over how people are just prone to all sorts of ######.

I go through phases. Usually I just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it. But when the stupidity gets enough momentum you kinda have to set the record straight. Otherwise the stupidity becomes "fact" and before you know it everyone is circulating the same BS because some muppet had a personal grudge against a specific company. These forums, and our participation on them, are (I hope) to improve the community ... not devolve it.

And to keep the topic pertinent:

magpulmbus01a.jpg

magpulmbus02a.jpg

Boom. That ^^^ just happened. :D

...Can I be your friend?

Seriously though, are the MBUS (real ones) just on whoever-pre-ordered-them-gets-them-until-we-make-more or what? I need a FDE rear sight...

^ Pretty much.

Magpul first had to fill orders made by other companies, such as Bushmaster, who ordered the MBUS to include them with their rifles.

After these orders were filled, Magpul could then fill the call-in pre-orders made. (There's a thread on Arfcom, www.ar15.com, about this. Industry>>Magpul)

After the above orders/pre-orders are filled, the MBUS will begin to trickle down to those of us not lucky/quick enough to get onto the pre-order list.

I have a feeling they'll get snatched up quickly, though, so if you see them in stock, jump on them as soon as possible.

-Vic

P.S. I'm pretty sure this information is correct. Correct me if it's not.

Not to be beat a dead horse but the quality of my PTS products are fantastic! I would not hesitate for a second to order more.

And for what its worth here is a shot of ACM MBUS I received.

EDIT: ACM Mbus quality is not the best, for airsoft it will manage but I would not be interested in buying these acm again.

PEQ.jpg

I thought the MBUS looks to be a little shorter in height when raised than some others yes. I'm only going off pictures though. Noveske, please helps us out on this one.

Shorter in terms of height? or length when folded? In terms of length when folded, it is longer than your standard BUIS (I'm comparing to the Troy). In terms of height when flipped, I'll have to get back to you later tonight when I'm at home.. LOL.

Ahhhh!!! The first smart comment of the day! Enough about all this silly talk of Magpul vs. Magpul PTS! Back to the pics! (Thought I'd throw that in there for Pedro30).

I go through phases. Usually I just turn a blind eye to it and ignore it. But when the stupidity gets enough momentum you kinda have to set the record straight. Otherwise the stupidity becomes "fact" and before you know it everyone is circulating the same BS because some muppet had a personal grudge against a specific company. These forums, and our participation on them, are (I hope) to improve the community ... not devolve it.

And to keep the topic pertinent:

magpulmbus01a.jpg

magpulmbus02a.jpg

Boom. That ^^^ just happened. :D

Excellent! Have you had a chance to compare the quality to the PTS ones yet? Differences?

REVO glad to see Im not the only one who put theirs on the Vltor sight tower gas block :)

IMG_1142.JPG

At first I have to say I wasn't happy about having to slide these onto the rail. Wish there was an easier system of putting it on like other sights do. Especially a pain in the *albatross* on the Masada having to take everything off the top rail, and sliding the whole length just to get the front sight on. Also, the little key they give you...doesn't even fit the hex screw?!

The ease of the flip up is an excellent feature. Nice to be able to deploy these in a matter of seconds. Even though I've been bitten a few times slapping it across the top...ouch. Ill stick to the side releases. Overall very pleased with it. Another top quality item from PTS. I just order a black set as well to go with my G&P WOC GBBR coming next week.

Picture of it on my custom M4:

IMG_1145.JPG

On the Masada:

IMG_1146.JPG

At first I have to say I wasn't happy about having to slide these onto the rail. Wish there was an easier system of putting it on like other sights do. Especially a pain in the *albatross* on the Masada having to take everything off the top rail, and sliding the whole length just to get the front sight on. Also, the little key they give you...doesn't even fit the hex screw?!

I thought the Masada has its own front sight installed. Isn't it redundant to put another just behind it.

Hope it's not too much to ask, but can you take a picture with the sights flipped up? My gun is quite similar to yours (black body though) and I'm not sure if I want to just get a rear MBUS and a Knight's style folding front, or get an RAS gas block with a front MBUS. So I'd just like to see how it looks flipped up.

Thanks!

Archived